MNL Airport Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
    I think leaving at 1400 is a little too conservative.. It's never taken me more than an hour from the Intercon even at rush hour. The Skyway has made a big difference. Anyway your call of course... The lounge is not bad, combined First and Business, small food selection, but OK for an hour or so. And yes running water!
    They have done away with the buckets in the lounge ? How about the fans ? that lounge is by far the dirtiest and worst lounge SQ has i believe rolleyes2:

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
      They have done away with the buckets in the lounge ? How about the fans ? that lounge is by far the dirtiest and worst lounge SQ has i believe rolleyes2:
      January was an in and out of Manila month for me. I have to say that based on the comments I've read on other forums (Skytrax, etc) and it being named the worst airport in the world, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad! It took me 15-20 minutes to get out of the terminal After arrival and 20-30 to get from check in to the gate (Saudia check-in would be a different story....). The public toilets were clean and had running water. Airport staff was very polite.
      The SQ lounge was also very clean. Did not see any buckets and the internet worked fine. Toilets had disinfectant and running water.
      Ample alcohol available to wash down food if you didn't trust it

I'm also glad the mangos and ensaymadas survived the trips back to Zurich each time

Comment

Terminal 3 immigration faster than terminal 1? At mnl

Arriving on sq910 can someone please tell if I can expect faster immigration and luggage collection .

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ian173 View Post
          Arriving on sq910 can someone please tell if I can expect faster immigration and luggage collection .

Thanks
          Too many factors at play here to give a definitive answer...you never know if you are going to land right after another widebody

But I can say for sure that the drive from the airport to Makati will be a lot shorter, so there is some time saving there!

I had a very good experience arriving in the late afternoon on SQ916 though (TR here). No idea if that was pure luck or if the airport does not have many arrivals at that hour.

Comment

Fun fact: the old T1 SKL is now the PAGSS Lounge. It's a Priority Pass lounge, but it seems to be primarily in use by KE.

Comment

Just had my first experiences in and out of MNL in T3. I thought it was pretty good - fast through immigration on arrival, through to the exit within 20 mins of landing (including checked baggage). Check-in smooth, and surprisingly they waved me straight past the terminal fee desk. Asked the immigration office and she said it's included in the ticket. Don't know when this started.
              Lounge - no SQ, just a walled off area of the departures area. Crappy food/drink. On the positive side, good runway views. And it seems my bird is to be SWY. Can't complain.

Comment

Lounge still not open, but there is a "coming soon" sign outside the temporary "lounge"!

Comment

Most airline fares already have the Terminal Fee included i.e Singapore Airlines which operates out of T3. The only fee that you have to pay is the Philippine Travel Tax which is Ph1,600 for economy & just over Ph2,000 for first class.You pay this before you checkin keeping the receipts with you.The Travel Tax Counters are located on the left hand side, just after you have passed security.There is security followed by luggage scan for passengers only just before you enter t3 and further down the terminal there is an entrance for non-passengers

Comment

Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
                    Most airline fares already have the Terminal Fee included i.e Singapore Airlines which operates out of T3. The only fee that you have to pay is the Philippine Travel Tax which is Ph1,600 for economy & just over Ph2,000 for first class.You pay this before you checkin keeping the receipts with you.The Travel Tax Counters are located on the left hand side, just after you have passed security.There is security followed by luggage scan for passengers only just before you enter t3 and further down the terminal there is an entrance for non-passengers
                    The Philippine travel tax applies only to Philippine citizens and permanent residents and can only be paid in cash or with Philippine-issued credit card.

Comment

Working...
                    X