Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, CarbonMan, SQ228 and Durian!

Will try to book 318/319 to check out the new products...the LHR-SIN flights seem very full at the end of the month, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      yflyer, you need to get on SQ318/319.
      I was thinking of doing that for my flight in September, but sadly, it just doesn't match my schedule. I'm moving to London, checking into hostel pretty early in the day. SQ318 simply means that I have to spend a night in a hotel, which I cannot afford.

Comment

• Originally posted by iflyy View Post
        I was thinking of doing that for my flight in September, but sadly, it just doesn't match my schedule. I'm moving to London, checking into hostel pretty early in the day. SQ318 simply means that I have to spend a night in a hotel, which I cannot afford.
        Indeed, London hotels are crazy expensive.

While SQ318 takes off an a decent time from SIN, it lands rather late and it'll be 9pm by the time you get to town.

If you're flying Y, the difference is fairly minor, so you're good no matter which flight you take. I prefer flying SQ308 to LHR so that I have time to get a decent dinner away from the hotel and SQ319 back to SIN after a days work.

Comment

• Would the new F be available on SQ306 by the end of Oct or first week of Nov?

Comment

• Lucky enough to try the new J on SWV on a saver redemption last week to LHR. All in all I did like it but here are some thoughts (which might echo what others have said before):

1. New Krisworld

Really struggled with the new Krisworld interface. I think SQ needs to look into simplifying the interface. While the ability to scroll touchscreen on the handset is a nice convenience, it is pretty difficult to do the scrolling while having to keep your eyes on the main screen to see what you are are scrolling through.

2. Location of handset

I can see the argument that the stowing of the handset under the armrest in the previous iteration is odd, but while the new location is very visable, from my experience it's not particularly user friendly and potentially creates spillage issues.

This is because I prefer to leave my drinks in the little recessed area just below the new handset location - it's far easier to access my drink and it's just a convenient place to hold a glass while resting one's elbow. The current location of the "official" cup rest is on the flip-down panel beside the monitor, away from the aisle. Grabbing the cup involves reaching out quite a bit (particularly if you're strapped in) and is that bit more inconvenient.

Now when I want to do something with my IFE (whether it's to pause, fast forward or anything), i need to reach for the handset. If a cup is there, it increases the chances of me accidentally hitting the glass and causing a spillage (it actually did happen to me on the flight).

The spillage flows in a funny manner. All the spillage actually flowed into the compartment where the headphones are stored when you first board the plane. I tried my best to get wet towels quickly to clean up my coke spillage in and around the compartment, but I'm not sure frequent spillage is good for the long-term longevity of the seat.

Personally I think the IFE controller should be on the aisle-side armrest, in place of some superfluous buttons (ala Carbonman's comments above).

3. Drink/wet towel holder

I think the monitor screens should be moved slightly away from the aisle to accomodate a small drinks / wet tower holder nearer to the aisle. This makes it easier for placement of drinks/ wet towels etc and the subsequent retrieval of them.

4. Returning the bed to seat mode

I experienced difficulties in doing this and noted that some previous posters had the same issue. The seat literally gets stuck in bed mode and I was reluctant to use too much force to pull the handle up for fear of breaking the seat. I solved my issue by pressing down on the seat while pulling the handle upwards. After a couple of tries it flipped up alright. SQ should really look at this issue.

Overall I think this is an improvement over the previous product, which I think is one of the best premium products in the market. The seats look better in real life and I'm glad that the 77W fleet will be harmonised with this product.

Comment

• Flew on SQ 319 in Y and can't find any fault. I was impressed with that new seats and inflight services.

- The cushion seats looks very narrow but it's very comfy.
              - I like that remote control with screen so that I can watch the movies while look at remote control screen that shows where the plane were in the flightpath map and flight time to singapore. Both of them have touch screen. (similar to EK IFE and remote control)
              - interactive screen - it's new to us. how to turn off the screen - 3 options - off both, off one main screen or off remote control screen. I was sitting next to the old couple, they found it very confusing. Like...where's off?, how to watch it? how to pick that movie?
              - Armrest is somewhat too wide
              - Can't charge my iphone on that new seats... but on A333 - can charge it. No idea why it's so different.
              - Hot towel is toooo hot.... ouch! haha
              Last edited by luftie; 3 August 2014, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                Entire 77W fleet to be refitted with the latest products.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...or-boeing-777s
                So does anybody have any updates on this project? Timelines or commencement rumours?

I did a full flight check of SWA - SWW today and noticed that SWI hasn't been in the air for over a week. Perhaps just a major scheduled overhaul or could it perhaps be the beginning of the refit, if only just to go through and thoroughly plan it?

Comment

• does 637/638 still have the new product?

Comment

• Originally posted by ashgabata View Post
                    does 637/638 still have the new product?
                    Up until the end of July, yes- almost every day.

Since 1 August, no. Four days in a row were with regular 77W craft and the new planes headed to LHR on the other 77W flight or to SYD, or sat idle on the tarmac which they tend to do an awful lot.

Comment

• I heard that SQ's existing 77Ws have new KrisWorld maps/interface. Not sure if I will be flying in December/January, if not, I will go to India in June 2015. I hope SQ does send the newer 77WN or a refitted 77W to SFO (via HKG and one via ICN) by June next year if possible. I did hear that they are going to do a cabin refit, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Up until the end of July, yes- almost every day.

Since 1 August, no. Four days in a row were with regular 77W craft and the new planes headed to LHR on the other 77W flight or to SYD, or sat idle on the tarmac which they tend to do an awful lot.
                        i'm looking at flightradar and they've had 77wn (swu, swv, and sww) on the flight like 4/7. so not good but still a chance...

Comment

• SWI is back in the air as of 3 days ago so I guess it still has the same interior. Anyone that may have any news about a start date for 77W cabin refits please give details asap!

The rosters of SWU, SWV and SWW remain fairly constant. SQ318/9 (LHR) is almost without exception one of the three 77WN- you'd have to be very unlucky to miss out on it.

SQ637/8 (NRT) has the new product about two out of three days on average, so with luck you would get it on those flights.

SQ231/222 (SYD) is the third most frequent destination, but only very occasionally. In the last 3 weeks it's happened 5 times, but this flight pair is a total lottery since it lost the A380. In the last month it has been bumped down to a 773 refit eight times. Adding the both together, it means you have almost a 50% chance of NOT getting a standard (SWA-T) 77W. We might need to start a sister thread to "Messing with Melbourne"... maybe "Shafting Sydney"?

Comment

• How about SQ306 (SIN-LHR)?

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                              How about SQ306 (SIN-LHR)?
                              It got lucky a few times in July, but then it was also being upgraded to A380 on select weekends back then too.

It hasn't scored the new product so far in August.

If they had four planes, they could have 3 in rotation across the two daily LHR 77W flights and one plane serving NRT. That would also employ them much more efficiently.

Comment

• Back from SQ319 and first time on the new product on SWV in J.

Generally I liked its design and comfort as compared to the older product but the IFE was too advanced for me and lagged a bit. Seat also got stucked when returning bed to seat and required some strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X