No announcement yet.

The SQTalk Tumi thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a large lime green Tumi G4 check-in luggage. As much as I love the color, I have decided never to buy light colored fabric luggage anymore. It gets dirty way too fast. But hey it is just me.
    With SQ's reduced North America luggage allowance, I have started buying Rimowa's polycarbonate check-in luggage. Much lighter and so far they have withstood my travels pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      At the Palais des Congres, I saw brightly colored (relative to the past) Tumi offerings. The silver-gray I could see myself maybe getting, but the bright orange?

All I could think of was, 'What would StarG, taipeiflyer, and other SQT Tumi fans think?'. Well, what do y'all think? Good intentions (high visibility on the luggage carousel) paving the high road to h*ll?
      i only purchase the black. i do like the chestnut color they offered in the summer/fall of 2007. but just like StarG said, i find the lighter colors get dirty pretty easily. even the black starts showing its age after a year of frequent travel and needs to be replaced about every 3 years ime. the tumi fabric cleaner works quite well however.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        Any Tumi fans out there who can comment on the new Tumi wallets that's just out?
        I bought one of those for my friend N, and he likes it very much. According to him it's very nice, but it's perpetually empty, so he hasn't had much of a chance to whip it out yet. Shouldn't have bought it in KUL, but he kinda needed it urgently, so probably paid over the odds for it.

Comment

Someone added to their Tumi collection today, including the alpha continental. Congratulations!

I am so envious. It's very expensive up here in Canada.

Comment

Which wallet are we talking about here?

Comment

I believe it's not a wallet. It's a carry-on bag, at least.

Comment

Up to 40% Off + USD$15 for a Tumi Bag

Through April 26th, One King’s Lane is offering up to 40% off on Tumi bags:

https://www.onekingslane.com/

plus USD$15 just for signing up. [Note: I could refer and get a USD$15 credit, but I chose not to...]
                HUGE AL

Comment

A bit late to party, sorry for digging up this old thread but I'm absolutely thrilled with my 2 birthday presents (to myself)!

Tumi Expandable Organiser Laptop Brief (top)
                  Tumi Vapor Continental Carry-On (bottom)

The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Hi there viraj735

I have the laptop brief similar to yours and its been a constant and steadfast companion throughout my travels in the last 6 years..

Enjoy using it!

Comment

• Originally posted by leo View Post
                      Hi there viraj735

I have the laptop brief similar to yours and its been a constant and steadfast companion throughout my travels in the last 6 years..

Enjoy using it!
                      Thanks leo!
                      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Spill in luggage

Think this is the appropriate thread to post this query...

Unfortunately one of my bottles of craft stout didn't quite survive a recent trip (the remaining many many did, strangely). This has the unfortunate side effect of both staining the lining of my beloved suitcase, as well as serving as a fairly constant (to date) aromatic reminder of my alcoholic tendencies (i.e. it pretty much smells like beer).

I'd like to get rid of the smell, but can live with the stains if necessary.

Any suggestions on any product I can get in Singapore which I can sort this out with? Thought I'd ask here before trying to hand wash my luggage in a bathtub...

Thanks!

Comment

• My Bag Spa near Clifford...

Comment

• thanks!

Comment

• Was wondering if anyone was using the Tumi Alpha Garment Cover?

http://www.amazon.com/Tumi-022130DH-.../dp/B001XCX8F8

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you
                              drink Coke...save water

Comment

• Originally posted by JWNY View Post
                                Was wondering if anyone was using the Tumi Alpha Garment Cover?

http://www.amazon.com/Tumi-022130DH-.../dp/B001XCX8F8

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you
                                Good news, I bought it myself. Retail is about SGD415 here.

it's very sleek and compact. Great for one suit. Nice compartment for shoes or ties / pocket squares / socks.

The nylon is very high quality. Few rain drops are fine (not gushing water)

The one thing i didn't like is that my suit collar was slightly exposed. Maybe I don't know how to hang it well.

The hangar is unique with ability to either hang or be carried like a case.

love it though...makes me feel like Don Draper
                                drink Coke...save water

Comment

Working...
                                X