Need Assistance With Choosing KL Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
    Been doing research all of yesterday and today. International brands like Sheraton are beyond my budget but I may be inclined to choosing a 4* hotel like Grand Seasons or Furama (a Deluxe room goes for SGD105 before taxes). I was toying with the idea of choosing a Club Room as I've never stayed in one before. Are there any benefits of Club Lounge access beyond privacy and having a quiet place for drinks? Do you see these places as venues of potential networking opportunities?

It seems that Accor's 40% offer is over. But Starwood has HOT Rates with rates starting from USD49. Can someone enlighten me about this promotion?
    That's an amazing price. AFAIK the SPG Hot rates are sales during low occupancy periods that may require on line reservations through the spg website and are nonrefundable. They can be a good deal if you know you won't need to cancel or make changes to the booking.

Comment

Unfortunately the SPG Hot Deals are no more. Saw them yesterday, disappeared today. Not sure if I saw the right thing though, as there was mention of Starwood associates' families and friends.

Comment

Managed to snag an Agoda deal for Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur. Booked a Deluxe Room for SGD99. This offer is available only if you book 60 days in advance, but they let my booking go through for my 20-22 January stay. Anyhow, I have up to three days before my trip to cancel. I'm keeping my options open in case Starwood's 50% off offer proves too irresistable.

Comment

I have a corporate rate of ~SGD118++ for Deluxe Rooms at the Concorde including Breakfast and Wifi, I think just across the road from the Sheraton.

The good thing about their Deluxe rooms is they face KLCC and not the main road, which turns into a moped racetrack at night.

Anyway, FYI, if it helps let me know.

Comment

Unfortunately the SPG Hot Deals are no more. Saw them yesterday, disappeared today. Not sure if I saw the right thing though, as there was mention of Starwood associates' families and friends.
            The SPG Hot Deals that I see (USA based) aren't for friends and family but AFAIK are published rates open to the public that must be booked on spg.com. There are also sometimes Hot Deals fro SPG Elites for 5% less. In addition, SPG uses the term "hot deals" with some AAA rates, often but not always for rates lower than a normal AAA rate and sometimes nonrefundable.

Comment

Managed to snag an Agoda deal for Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur. Booked a Deluxe Room for SGD99. This offer is available only if you book 60 days in advance, but they let my booking go through for my 20-22 January stay. Anyhow, I have up to three days before my trip to cancel. I'm keeping my options open in case Starwood's 50% off offer proves too irresistable.
              That's a very good rate. Congrats. I hope you like the Sheraton. (Report back?)

Comment

Due to some changes in my itenary I had to forgo the Sheraton Imperial. I am going for a local 5-star hotel instead, the Pacific Regency Suites. Cheaper, bigger and with free wifi. I will, however, keep SPG Hot Deals in view for my numerous upcoming Vietnam trips.

Comment

I just returned from Sky Bar in Traders Hotel. OMG... what an awesome place. No cover charge, just pay for your drinks. I had two beers while taking in the atmosphere and chatting with my friend on Whatsapp, all at the same time. Time passed so fast. I will do a full TR when I'm back home!

Comment

Give "Marini's On 57" a try as well tonight if you're still leaving tomorrow, on the 57th floor of PETRONAS Tower 3. Happy Hour in the bar from 5pm.

Comment

Hey I passed that place last night after leaving Traders. Any cover charge there?

Comment

No cover charge but I'm just seeing that Wednesdays could be "Ladies Night" so you'd need to double check what that means, but you could try the Whiskey and Cigar Lounge or restaurant as well.

RM14 for a draught beer, 5-9pm with a view.

Comment

I did not manage to visit Marini's on 57 last night. I was in Petaling Jaya for dinner with friends, so we visited Strastophere @ The Roof instead. Nice place, if a little too dark to my liking.

Comment

I used to live not far away, long before the place opened and the area around 1-Utama got all "trendy"......not been to 1-U for years, though funnily enough often stay at a hotel in The Curve 5-min away.

Ho Hum.

Comment

I just returned from Sky Bar in Traders Hotel. OMG... what an awesome place. No cover charge, just pay for your drinks. I had two beers while taking in the atmosphere and chatting with my friend on Whatsapp, all at the same time. Time passed so fast. I will do a full TR when I'm back home!
                              I was just in KL this week on a last minute trip as well, and stayed at Traders. After reading about Sky Bar here, I headed up there for a look (and a drink)...yes a great place!

Also planning to post a short write-up on Traders! [Update: Just posted it here].
                              Last edited by yflyer; 24 January 2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X