Barcelona Dining - Passadis del Pep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Wow! That's one great meal, yflyer! Thanks for sharing!
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Agreed. Thanks, yflyer.
    Thanks, CarbonMan, and jjpb3! Given how hard this place is to find without a word-of-mouth recommendation, I just had to share it here...

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Outstanding! How was the English and pricing?
      They have no menu...and no prices listed either!

Before I called to make my reservation, I did my due diligence and googled the restaurant to see what the internet had to say. The consensus on the usual sources on the web was that your typical meal would typically come to about EUR100 per person...

This wasn't too far off from what I paid: for two of us, we paid EUR 230 (including a bottle of Rioja, excluding tip). I found this to be on the pricey side, considering that most of my other meals in BCN (in tapas bars etc) cost a lot less, but it was a wonderful meal, and to me worth the occasional splurge.

The staff could speak English just fine, but there were no long recitations of ingredients the way some fancy restaurants do when they serve the dishes...just one or two word descriptions of the food as they arrive ("Sea Snails") and then they let the food speak for itself...
      Last edited by yflyer; 6 March 2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        They have no menu...and no prices listed either!

Before I called to make my reservation, I did my due diligence and googled the restaurant to see what the internet had to say. The consensus on the usual sources on the web was that your typical meal would typically come to about EUR100 per person...

This wasn't too far off from what I paid: for two of us, we paid EUR 230 (including a bottle of Rioja, excluding tip). I found this to be on the pricey side, considering that most of my other meals in BCN (in tapas bars etc) cost a lot less, but it was a wonderful meal, and to me worth the occasional splurge.

The staff could speak English just fine, but there were no long recitations of ingredients the way some fancy restaurants do when they serve the dishes...just one or two word descriptions of the food as they arrive ("Sea Snails") and then they let the food speak for itself...
        Many Thanks! And Great TR!
        HUGE AL

Comment

Woah...looks delicious. A bit expensive but I think I'd go there as a treat, and to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by AmyR View Post
            Woah...looks delicious. A bit expensive but I think I'd go there as a treat, and to try it out! Thanks for sharing!
            Thanks for reading! Yes, on the expensive side compared to all the other meals I had on the trip. Not day-to-day dining, but as you have said, it made for a great treat!

Comment

Working...
            X