SIA special fares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA special fares

Hello all , could someone please explain to me how does this'special fares' works ? Every time they come up it is impossible to book the price 'from' .
    I always try to book a date from the travel period of this specials from Melbourne to Singapore but it is impossible.

Example : I get the email the 20th of January , one of the period of the special fare is from the 20th of April , I search for that date fare on the monthly page , $751 is not there , so I click on the next cheapest fare of $753 , once I click ,the fare becomes $943 ! On every other date of other months of this special fares period you'll never get this 'from fares' .Every time they do this promotions is the same thing , is this a sort of 'bait' ? I find it a complete waste of time and very misleading ! Qantas also does this specials right now Melbourne to Singapore for $679 , and is it available to book at this price.
    I called SIA yesterday and I ask for an explanation , the person who answer didn't know what to answer so he went to ask somebody else and he was told : this special fares are : 'first come first serve' . Really?? In 10 minutes all of this flights are sold out ?? Not even a U2 concert get sold out that quick !
    What a joke!
    Thanks

Originally posted by MT99 View Post
    Hello all , could someone please explain to me how does this'special fares' works ? Every time they come up it is impossible to book the price 'from' .
    I always try to book a date from the travel period of this specials from Melbourne to Singapore but it is impossible.

Example : I get the email the 20th of January , one of the period of the special fare is from the 20th of April , I search for that date fare on the monthly page , $751 is not there , so I click on the next cheapest fare of $753 , once I click ,the fare becomes $943 ! On every other date of other months of this special fares period you'll never get this 'from fares' .Every time they do this promotions is the same thing , is this a sort of 'bait' ? I find it a complete waste of time and very misleading ! Qantas also does this specials right now Melbourne to Singapore for $679 , and is it available to book at this price.
    I called SIA yesterday and I ask for an explanation , the person who answer didn't know what to answer so he went to ask somebody else and he was told : this special fares are : 'first come first serve' . Really?? In 10 minutes all of this flights are sold out ?? Not even a U2 concert get sold out that quick !
    What a joke!
    Thanks

As far as I know, so long you meet the requirements for the special fare when you input the dates and number of pax the special fare will show automatically.

They are generally not available on certain days of the week (depending on cities, some are weekday black outs some weekends)

Do post the screen shot of the promo email you received.

My personal experience, i have never able to get promo fares is due to:
    1. Lone traveler (promo fare for buddies)
    2. Wrong city of origin (promo only for the other direction)
    3. Exceeded length of stay in destination city
    4. Wrong day of the week
    5. unable to accept some of the restrictions imposed.

Comment

Originally posted by MT99 View Post

What a joke!
      Thanks
      I do see lots of Special Fares at AUD753.25 per pax when I did a search.

For Example, the following dates and flights numbers :
      6NOV SQ228 and 18NOV SQ237 return
      12AUG SQ228 and 20AUG SQ237 return
      10JUN SQ238 and 24JUN SQ217 return

Try these dates to see whether you get to see the same prices as what I see.

haha...

Comment

$753 n $751 should be the same offer (due to currency fluctuations)
        The promo are available for April as well.

28/4 and 29/4 depart MeL, return on 3/May to 6/May.
        They have put the offers period but you can’t expect to get the price for every day (that why they put “From”)

Comment

Got it now how it works !
          Thanks people !

Comment

Working...
          X