X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25032380

Comment

Haha, yes saw that yesterday......ATC sleepy, sleepy.

Comment

Looks like BA may have had a problem with one of their 787's in Toronto as I saw one being towed remote last night and looking out this morning from the airport Sheraton it looks like it is now back on a gate at T3.

Comment

I have an upcoming flight on JAL on a 787. I have been using their website quite frequently in the past few weeks (Not the most intuitive website for making seat assignments or checking bookings. I could not even enter my Oneworld FF credentials online, and had to call their call center for that. But at least the website works.).

One page I like on this website is a very detailed, day by day update on 787 operations. It tells you if any 787 flights were delayed or cancelled on a daily basis, and includes detailed status and outcome.

Very good information, and I give JAL full marks for transparency. Although there have been occasional delays (even for the flight number I am scheduled to be on), I appreciate the openness to share this information, and it has given me more confidence to book a 787 flight with them.

http://www.jal.com/cms/en/corp_00229.html

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to my first 787 ride this weekend on UA97 IAH-LHR. Heard so much about their better pressurisation in the cabin. Marketing hype, placebo or real?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              I'm actually looking forward to my first 787 ride this weekend on UA97 IAH-LHR. Heard so much about their better pressurisation in the cabin. Marketing hype, placebo or real?
              For UA? I would say the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                It is very subtle. On my last 787 flights on JAL in late 2012 (SIN-NRT-SIN), I thought the cabin felt more comfortable because of the better pressurisation, but I couldn't be sure. Will see if I can tell the difference when I fly them again later this month.

Comment

I don't know whether the 787 makes that much of a difference in the cabin pressure. Its all about the differential pressure so depends on how high it cruises for each flight, but I've been told typical cabin altitudes are:

738: 7000-7500 ft
                  747/777: 6000-6500ft
                  787: max 6000ft so somewhere lower
                  Business jets (G4, etc): under 4500ft, sometimes even at sea level

I had a couple of long 738 flights for ~6hours recently and both times I've had a massive headache for the rest of the day, so maybe the cabin altitude matters.

Comment

Dont know why they bang on about the 787 differential pressure when the A380 is better.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      Dont know why they bang on about the 787 differential pressure when the A380 is better.
                      I agree with you.
                      I flew KMJ/HND return in Apr with ANA in Y (exit row). Maybe because it was just 1 hour and 40 minutes flight, I did not find anything special. Slightly quiet but noisy enough, and I was not quite sure about better pressurisation.
                      A380 is definitely better.
                      Last edited by sushiinSYD; 4 May 2014, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X