Any suggestions for Seoul dining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for Seoul dining?

I am headed to Seoul later at the end of this month. Any dining suggestions?

I am staying near the COEX mall in Gangnam. I already have places in mind for ginseng chicken soup, as well as traditional Korean beef barbeque, but if anyone has other suggestions, I would be very interested in hearing about them...

Are you interested in eating live octopus? (literally, alive, shoved down the throat)...

Comment

I really liked this place A LOT. However, they told me it is a lost art form and they may be closed by now. I pinged the website, but did not get a response. Best to ask your hotel to inquire for you. Here's my edited writeup:

Pul Hyang Gi
      Samsung Head Branch
      (02) 539-3390
      www.pulhyanggi.com
      Located in the little alleyways across from the City Air Terminal, this gem serves the old world traditional Corean food. Think Kaiseki in Japan and you kind of get the idea. After dinner, they have a little concert of traditional Corean music and dance. Very…cultural.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Are you interested in eating live octopus? (literally, alive, shoved down the throat)...
        Well that depends! Does it taste good?

I never thought I would acquire a taste for bibim nyaengmyeon (a Korean noodle dish unlike any other), but I did.

But live octopus is in a whole different league of weirdness....

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          I really liked this place A LOT. However, they told me it is a lost art form and they may be closed by now. I pinged the website, but did not get a response. Best to ask your hotel to inquire for you. Here's my edited writeup:

Pul Hyang Gi
          Samsung Head Branch
          (02) 539-3390
          www.pulhyanggi.com
          Located in the little alleyways across from the City Air Terminal, this gem serves the old world traditional Corean food. Think Kaiseki in Japan and you kind of get the idea. After dinner, they have a little concert of traditional Corean music and dance. Very…cultural.
          Thanks, appreciated! Will look them up. You are right about the website, was not able to access it either.

Comment

Working...
          X