Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On SilkAir's New 737-800 to Kuala Lumpur (MI322 SIN-KUL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice TR

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
      Very nice TR
      Thanks, jonleong! One of the rare SIN-KUL flights with something interesting to post about!

Comment

Thanks for sharing

I managed to experience the 737-800 on the SIN-PEN run

I flew J but was somewhat disappointed with the experience.

The seats are not a significant improvement on the A320 ones

The windows are smaller & set lower than on the A320 so harder to look out of the window

On the plus side, row 1 gets an overhead storage compartment

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Thanks for sharing

I managed to experience the 737-800 on the SIN-PEN run

I flew J but was somewhat disappointed with the experience.

The seats are not a significant improvement on the A320 ones

The windows are smaller & set lower than on the A320 so harder to look out of the window

On the plus side, row 1 gets an overhead storage compartment
          I think SilkAir is consistent, and the FAs are friendly (some are outstanding) in a casual sort of way, but I have yet to meet anyone who raves about SilkAir's hard/soft product.

They are reliable, have sensible seating in Y (Underwhelming in J), and connect you to places that you wish SQ flew to but didn't, but apart from that don't offer anything special to grow a loyal fan base.

Comment

I agree with all what Yflyer said. Was on the 737-800 Medan- Singapore.

I actually really liked the blue lighting....gave kind of a relaxing vibe.
            See picture of the lighting I made during the flight:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/123791...n/photostream/

I enjoyed the image quality of the screen monitors over our heads showing the (yet again) canadian TV pranks

Only downside is that the seat armrest was too thin and my elbow sliped down several times.
            Last edited by Lstieger; 19 September 2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lstieger View Post
              I agree with all what Yflyer said. Was on the 737-800 Medan- Singapore.
              I've never been to Medan, but I have heard it is an interesting place. Food there should be good too!

Originally posted by Lstieger View Post
              Only downside is that the seat armrest was too thin and my elbow sliped down several times.
              I once read somewhere that individual armrests were the #1 most requested feature on the wish list for Y. On a recent flight MNL-SIN, I spent the entire 3 hour flight slouched on one side of my aisle seat because the guy sitting next to me was very large in size, and his arms spilled over both armrests. Perfectly good seatmate in all other respects, though, soft spoken and polite.

Comment

Working...
              X