No announcement yet.

DO:Oslo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With planned holidays this year, I only have 1.5 days of leave left this year so this looks unlikely for me but in any event, I'll only be able to confirm nearer the time.

Comment

milehighj: There's still Thanksgiving at taipeiflyer's, and with all the talk of things Japan-related, I'm not surprised if we all don't end up there somehow before OSL

I wish the king of arm-twisters would twist a few more arms to join...

SQflyergirl: Well, there's still plenty of time until September...

taipeiflyer: Do enjoy Bali and Singapore. Let us know if your schedule overlaps later on maybe, would love to say hi again (and still thinking about Thanksgiving at yours, so there's always that opportunity)

flo: Plenty of time for us to pretend like we know Oslo from now 'til then! And if that fails, Google Maps / Streetview to the rescue!

jhm: Believe me, I know what that's like! I'm in exactly the same predicament as you. Literally. Anyway, hope to see you there somehow by hook or by crook *cue sound of arm-twisting*

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        with all the talk of things Japan-related, I'm not surprised if we all don't end up there somehow before OSL
        If you mean immediately before, I should be in Japan (Tokyo, Osaka and ???) for most of the fortnight before...

Comment

Midweek rules me out.

IIRC Aurora not seen too often in south of Norway, and with only a couple of days in Oslo you'd need a good dose of luck (atmospheric conditions right for aurora + visible far enough south + clear skies).

Enjoy Oslo - nice city but everything is so expensive.

Comment

milehighj: There's still Thanksgiving at taipeiflyer's, and with all the talk of things Japan-related, I'm not surprised if we all don't end up there somehow before OSL

I wish the king of arm-twisters would twist a few more arms to join...
            Originally posted by jhm View Post
            If you mean immediately before, I should be in Japan (Tokyo, Osaka and ???) for most of the fortnight before...
            FUK, NGO or KIX DO...?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              FUK, NGO or KIX DO...?
              It depends on the date:

* I'm in OSA the weekend of 12/13 Sep. Beer and octopus balls ?

* If the days before, NGO would be good (beer and eel ?) and we could try to arm twist a certain SQT'er to venture out of the TYO Hyatt Place.

* If the week after, FUK (beer and noodles ?) or indeed anywhere else in Japan can also!

If some other weekend, I'd have to think about making a hard choice between Thanksgiving in LAX or beer in Japan...

Comment

Midweek no good for me.

Comment

Will pass on this one too. Have got my hands full in Sep

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  FUK, NGO or KIX DO...?
                  Glad you didn't originally write it out as FUK, KIX, NGO DO

Comment

can't make it - i'll be in a different hemisphere

Comment

I live just across the mountains in BGO, and of all the crappiest places in Norway, why Oslo?

I'd say spend the extra 40-45 mins in economy and go see Stavanger, Bergen or Trondheim. Lots more character, not a worn down town, and TG have addon-prices for the stretches.

-A

Comment

I wish I could make it, but I'm just not sure yet, put me down as a tentative

Have a business trip there, planned in September, will see how it goes..

Comment

In addition to gravlaks and lutefisk you should also try to find a place that serves smalahove
                          Regards
                          Gard
                          http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Comment

That is certainly disturbing but strangely arousing...

I spot sausage.

Is sausage. Is good.

Why don't you come along? Do note we don't actually have anyone local leading the show here..!

Comment

Hmm, now I'm tempted.... must go look at flights to europe

Comment

I spot sausage.

Is sausage. Is good.
                                I hope it's sausage and not another part of the poor animal's anatomy!

Comment

Working...
                                X