A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Man so sad to see and I thought 744s and older 777s and the older Airbus planes (330, 340, etc) were the ones leaving still. Hope a new owner will find and take care of the 11 year old A380 which still has life to still be used.
    I'm surprised you don't know that leased A380 will be handed over to Portuguese charter airline HiFly

Comment

• Happy 10th anniversary SQ380, a maiden flight to Sydney... ! Cheers!

Comment

• #5 of the new build. Possibly SQ's last A380

Picture from A.Net

Comment

• 9V-SKN is out on an air-test as SQ8898 right now.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by JonathanL View Post
            I'm surprised you don't know that leased A380 will be handed over to Portuguese charter airline HiFly
            At even at this point in time, it's not confirm as yet as Hi Fly have not mentioned nor confirmed that they are taking over the 2 A380s that are coming from SIA and Dr Peters group which owns the first 5 of SIA's A380s. Even Dr Peter's group have been silent on this. So it remains to be seen if this is a done deal yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              At even at this point in time, it's not confirm as yet as Hi Fly have not mentioned nor confirmed that they are taking over the 2 A380s that are coming from SIA and Dr Peters group which owns the first 5 of SIA's A380s. Even Dr Peter's group have been silent on this. So it remains to be seen if this is a done deal yet.
              I agree with you. I assume that even Hi fly really take 2, it would not be SKA but the newer ones like SKD,SKE

On the other hand, as SQ#20 and #21 seems ready in Airbus, shall we expect a double delivery? Looking forward to it.

Comment

• 9V-SKA is out on another air-test as SQ8898|06NOV currently. I wonder if it has already been repainted or still in all-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  9V-SKA is out on another air-test as SQ8898|06NOV currently. I wonder if it has already been repainted or still in all-white.
                  It's still in an all white paint job.

Comment

• 9V-SKC has not flown since 6 Nov when it landed back at Changi as SQ637. I know its not a long time but probably one we should look out for. I believe that that was SKC's last SQ flight.

Given that I am seeing all the A380 are very busy with very short time on the ground, I do not see a reason why SKC would be on the ground for more than a day if it is waiting for an outbound flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                      9V-SKC has not flown since 6 Nov when it landed back at Changi as SQ637. I know its not a long time but probably one we should look out for. I believe that that was SKC's last SQ flight.

Given that I am seeing all the A380 are very busy with very short time on the ground, I do not see a reason why SKC would be on the ground for more than a day if it is waiting for an outbound flight.
                      The use of A380s on CDG is currently sporadic and they also get given extra flights around weekends at times, so it isn't totally uncommon for them to spend a couple of days out of service mid-week. Perhaps we might wait more than 48 hours before we make any conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                        9V-SKC has not flown since 6 Nov when it landed back at Changi as SQ637. I know its not a long time but probably one we should look out for. I believe that that was SKC's last SQ flight.

9V-SKC has been de-leased too.

Comment

• It seems like 9V-SKU has been handed over in XFW and its being stored.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMightyAsian View Post
                            It seems like 9V-SKU has been handed over in XFW and its being stored.
                            They don't want to take delivery of her just yet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and it seems like 9V-SKA will be ferried to Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées Airport in France next week.

http://www.todayonline.com/world/eur...r-or-scrapyard

Comment

• And there she goes, 9V-SKA is flying SQ8898 towards west, presumely going to France.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-ska

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
                                And there she goes, 9V-SKA is flying SQ8898 towards west, presumely going to France.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-ska

Michael
                                I think SKA is going to France, too, as 9V-SPL also noted, according to his link posted. As far as it going to HiFly, I honestly did not know this much about that, until you guys pointed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X