Copenhagen (SQ351-SQ352)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
    I think it was only with the intro of the A343 that SQ352/351 SIN-CPH CV turnarounds came to exist...
    I flew that in 1997 I think. Even as a young boy I remember it crossing my mind that we were gonna crash if the damn plane didn't lift off the runway soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
      As SQ351/SQ352 got the 777-300ER it must be doing pretty well? Do you think CPH will get daily flights soon? Would a seasonal A380 work for the route?
      There was talk of daily before the A350 arrived, with hints that CPH could even have been the launch destination, cementing a stronger alliance with SK. Since then, CPH went 77W and SQ added ARN flights, so things turned out very differently for now.

I can see daily CPH with the A350 happening in the future, but keep dreaming about the A380!!

Remember that the periods of time when CPH could maybe fill an A380 are the same periods of time when many other flights would also do the same. It's peak season and if you still operate the same smaller plane, demand is higher, prices can go up and then so does yield, in a simple scenario. I frequently compare prices out of various Euro cities right at the beginning of Summer holidays, when I'm returning to winter here- CPH always has a lower ticket price than AMS, FRA, CDG, ZRH, LHR and others, so I don't think yield is high enough out of CPH to warrant a capacity increase, even in peak season.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        There was talk of daily before the A350 arrived, with hints that CPH could even have been the launch destination, cementing a stronger alliance with SK. Since then, CPH went 77W and SQ added ARN flights, so things turned out very differently for now.

I can see daily CPH with the A350 happening in the future, but keep dreaming about the A380!!

Remember that the periods of time when CPH could maybe fill an A380 are the same periods of time when many other flights would also do the same. It's peak season and if you still operate the same smaller plane, demand is higher, prices can go up and then so does yield, in a simple scenario. I frequently compare prices out of various Euro cities right at the beginning of Summer holidays, when I'm returning to winter here- CPH always has a lower ticket price than AMS, FRA, CDG, ZRH, LHR and others, so I don't think yield is high enough out of CPH to warrant a capacity increase, even in peak season.
        Makes a lot of sense! A little off topic but I wonder how the Emirates A380 does at CPH?
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Busy flight CPH-SIN SQ 351 and 352

Flew J class from CPH to BKK via Sin on November12th and return flight on November 22nd. Had an excellent flight even if the SIN-BKK sector was their oldest configuration B772. Was positively surpriced that all 48 seat on business was full on SQ351, quite an upgrade from their previous 26 seats, nice to see they can fill the cabin even when have started their Stockholm route. On the return business was full also to my knowledge( sat in the front smaller cabin) and even the 4 First class seats were full, kudos to SIA and CPH. Nice with the IFE upgrade as well

Comment

Originally posted by Nichardenberg View Post
            Flew J class from CPH to BKK via Sin on November12th and return flight on November 22nd. Had an excellent flight even if the SIN-BKK sector was their oldest configuration B772. Was positively surpriced that all 48 seat on business was full on SQ351, quite an upgrade from their previous 26 seats, nice to see they can fill the cabin even when have started their Stockholm route. On the return business was full also to my knowledge( sat in the front smaller cabin) and even the 4 First class seats were full, kudos to SIA and CPH. Nice with the IFE upgrade as well
            Impressive, I wonder if Copenhagen will get daily flights soon then?

Comment

Impressive, I wonder if Copenhagen will get daily flights soon then?
              Maybe the 350 can do CPH if it goes daily. But how is F doing on that route?

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                Maybe the 350 can do CPH if it goes daily. But how is F doing on that route?
                Scroll up. Like only 3 posts up.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Scroll up. Like only 3 posts up.
                  Sorry I didn't see that.

Anyways, that sounds good to hear. I guess if all classes are doing that good, I hope SQ can put at least 6 weekly 77WR if all goes well. It has only started in August, so probably later in 2018, we may know if such an increase might happen or the 350 will fly to CPH.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    Sorry I didn't see that.
                    Lol. You tend not to see many things... both written and unwritten...

Comment

Have booked my next flight on SQ CPH-SIN-BKK in April 2018, retur in may.
                      Did a saver business class booking and a upgrade out of CPH to First class, as I had a bunch of miles expiring and already had them extended earlier.
                      Interestingly 2 seat (both window seats) were taken already in First and on the retur flight in may 21 out of 48 seat were booked in C-class.
                      Seems like the right move by SQ to last August 2017 change aircraft with more seats up front on the CPH route, guess lots of leisure passengers now are spread out on Emirates, Qatar, Thai and SQ flights.
                      Well done SQ.
                      Guess A359 SQ bird would do well with 42 business class seats if they decide to change aircraft Again, Wonder how well the Stockholm-Moscow-Singapore route is doing with regards to loads in C-class....

Happy New year everyone..

Comment

Originally posted by Nichardenberg View Post
                        Have booked my next flight on SQ CPH-SIN-BKK in April 2018, retur in may.
                        Did a saver business class booking and a upgrade out of CPH to First class, as I had a bunch of miles expiring and already had them extended earlier.
                        Interestingly 2 seat (both window seats) were taken already in First and on the retur flight in may 21 out of 48 seat were booked in C-class.
                        Seems like the right move by SQ to last August 2017 change aircraft with more seats up front on the CPH route, guess lots of leisure passengers now are spread out on Emirates, Qatar, Thai and SQ flights.
                        Well done SQ.
                        Guess A359 SQ bird would do well with 42 business class seats if they decide to change aircraft Again, Wonder how well the Stockholm-Moscow-Singapore route is doing with regards to loads in C-class....

Happy New year everyone..
                        I’m planning to do the same but at the end of July/ early August. Would be great to hear more after your flight and about the trip.

Comment

SQ351 will depart 10 minutes earlier (12.20 instead of 12.30) as of 8th May until 28th October. This is probably because of the new Cathay Pacific flights to Copenhagen.

Comment

SQ351 will depart 10 minutes earlier (12.20 instead of 12.30) as of 8th May until 28th October. This is probably because of the new Cathay Pacific flights to Copenhagen.
                            ?????
                            CX will depart mon, wed and fri at 14.10
                            SQ don't have flights from CPH at mon and wed.

Comment

Originally posted by EKCH View Post
                              ?????
                              CX will depart mon, wed and fri at 14.10
                              SQ don't have flights from CPH at mon and wed.
                              I mean, the seasonal CX flights fit perfectly with the new SQ times during the same months which is why I think it might have something to do with it?

Comment

We needed 2 x F Saver redemptions to Europe in the week before Christmas, which is usually the worst time to travel from an availability standpoint. The CPH service saved my bacon! Booked this back in Jan but had no difficulty finding 2 F Saver awards on almost every day the service operates, whereas all other SQ services to Europe only offered waitlisting in F for Saver awards.

I really like the 4 seat F cabin even if it's not Suites - feels quite intimate.

Conversely, hopefully this doesn't mean they're going to pull F off the route any time soon...
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X