Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwan during Chinese new year

Hello all

Would like some advice regarding Taiwan.

How is Taiwan like during the Chinese New Year? That is, the first day and over the whole week. Would places be shut down? Restaurants closed? Shops shut? I vaguely remember being in Singapore during the new year and most places were shut. Wondering if Taiwan is the same.

Would it then be better to visit the week before the new year? Just to see how people prepare for the festivities?

Thank you.
    Last edited by phaleesy; 9 December 2015, 06:18 AM.

Don't worry, all major shopping malls open during CNY. Some small restaurants may close, but most of them will open. It's totally different from SG.

Comment

Actually it's not big restaurants or shops I'm that concerned about.

It's those night markets and street food I'm interested in. I'd be really upset if I find the night markets shut and I can't find any street food.

Comment

Night markets in Taiwan can be treated as a big food shopping mall. They will all open during CNY....You should worry about the crowd of ppl instead..

Comment

Originally posted by ckchu View Post
          Night markets in Taiwan can be treated as a big food shopping mall. They will all open during CNY....You should worry about the crowd of ppl instead..
          after much consideration, I've decided to visit before the Chinese New Year, just to see how hectic the shopping can get before the celebrations.

Are you based in Taiwan? Do you know when the shops start prepping to sell Chinese New Year goodies? I'm talking about food. want to see how the festivities before the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
            Do you know when the shops start prepping to sell Chinese New Year goodies? I'm talking about food. want to see how the festivities before the new year.
            Though you know of my strong hatred for that hole of a country, you will be fine two weeks before CNY.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
            X