No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shame.... I just missed this flight by a day (29 Sept and 1 Oct). Why did I book SQ318 on 30 September?

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
      shame.... I just missed this flight by a day (29 Sept and 1 Oct). Why did I book SQ318 on 30 September?
      Maybe you should have frequented SQTalk more often

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        Maybe you should have frequented SQTalk more often
        well. what's done is done. I'll consider changing my december flight instead... lol
        I felt ultra excited, and now that feeling is all gone...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Felt bad they had to endure my taking pictures around the cabin.
          But I've got to do what I've got to do, yes?
          Mission Accomplished! Thanks for the TR, indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
            I felt ultra excited, and now that feeling is all gone...
            Me too! I redeemed F on SQ306 Oct-2 departure when I heard about the new product. Booked in August so it was a 50/50 gamble knowing there would be only one a/c in service at that time I fly.

Talk about first world problems

Comment

Very nice GAFB2! Enjoyed it

Comment

Great pics!
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

StarG: Thank you very much!

I went to the presentation but the products in flight look even better, especially J is now great!

Would love to fly First or 3A/K soon :-)

Comment

I was impressed with how J looked at the product launch but I have to say it looks even better 'in the flesh' on the aircraft.

We did also say that Y looked like a great improvement as well IIRC.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Special warning for Row 1 fans: this Business Class-type hump still exists in this updated First Class. Disappointing.

Indeed. While we did harbour hopes they would take the opportunity to change the product itself to try and improve it, or make it competitive, you would have thought they would have at least tried to do something about that.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Indeed. While we did harbour hopes they would take the opportunity to change the product itself to try and improve it, or make it competitive, you would have thought they would have at least tried to do something about that.
                      Is it just me or is that hump now more J-like than the previous iteration? Does anyone have a photo to compare? I don't remember it being such a distinct protrusion...

Comment

Quick poll: I am gonna do a quick hop to LHR next month, and i have the choice of the 77WN or an empty suites cabin. Which one should i take?

StarG your photos look good! What would you recommend?

Comment

R (Suites) mate, whilst it's still around

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            R (Suites) mate, whilst it's still around
                            +1. Suites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
                              Thanks for sharing, StarG. Great pics!
                              You are welcome, Bon.

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                              I just noticed something from the J photos. It seems that the mini ottoman for the bulkhead seats are now fixed and do not need to be stored for landing and take-off.

By the way, is the free internet only for 2 hours or for the entire flight? Is it given to every pax or only for those who fly F?
                              You observed right. It is now fixed so there is no need to fold them up during take-off/landing.

I don't know who else got the internet on the flight.
                              Unlike GA, the system (chargeable) is made available for the entire aircraft (not just F).
                              It is a much better system than the OnAir on SQ 380s.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Mission Accomplished! Thanks for the TR, indeed!
                              You are welcome, Kyo.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Very nice GAFB2! Enjoyed it
                              Merci, GAFG/SQFG.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              Great pics!
                              Thanks Pinkfloyd.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              StarG: Thank you very much!

I went to the presentation but the products in flight look even better, especially J is now great!

Would love to fly First or 3A/K soon :-)
                              You are welcome SMK77.
                              Seems like J is indeed improved more than F. We remain to be impressed by SQ for F.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              We did also say that Y looked like a great improvement as well IIRC.
                              I remembered only one person offered his very much uninformed 'improvement' verdict after sitting briefly on the Y seats. As I recall that wasn't me.

I did think Y was not bad at all. They created an extra inch of space by using thinner material IIRC, which in Y matters a lot.

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                              Is it just me or is that hump now more J-like than the previous iteration? Does anyone have a photo to compare? I don't remember it being such a distinct protrusion...
                              I don't have any pictures of current 77W row 1 in bed mode unfortunately (I always fly in row 2 when in F on the 77W). From my recollection, it wasn't boxy like this. You are right - this resembles J's protrusion more.

Originally posted by young View Post
                              Quick poll: I am gonna do a quick hop to LHR next month, and i have the choice of the 77WN or an empty suites cabin. Which one should i take?

StarG your photos look good! What would you recommend?
                              Thanks.
                              It depends on what you are looking for:

380 Suites is an overall winner with more space, privacy, and comfort (cabin quietness).
                              However, on the 77WN you get these:
                              - Time based, uncompressed internet service with less blackout coverage (USD21 per flight)
                              - Ability to dine on your bed
                              - New Ferragamo amenity kits and grey Givenchy PJs - not released on Suites yet

One thing that may prevent me from taking SQ319 again is the queue at the not-so-Fast Track during that time. On morning arrivals I usually didn't have to queue for so long (25-30 mins).

Comment

Thanks guys. I have done R a few times previously, so i was wondering if this would be a good time to try the new product. It is gonna be a tough choice! Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X