No announcement yet.

Ooh, Bollinger in J!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past 2-3 months, or maybe longer, CGK routes have had Bolly on board. Been getting extra time to down Bolly as it seems every week for the past few weeks everytime I am inbound CGK, consistently, we've had to hold in a racetrack pattern, sponsored by lots of Bollinger haaa.

Comment

• Not only Bollinger

I had Bollinger 2 weeks ago to and from NRT. No doubt it's in a different league from Heidsieck. BTW in France, B retails for double the price of the Heidsieck.
      More interesting is this Sauternes which showed up recently on the drink list, very nice sweet wine
      Sadly it's only temporary

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
        More interesting is this Sauternes which showed up recently on the drink list, very nice sweet wine
        Sadly it's only temporary
        Ooooh, fantastic! At last!

I was given one of those inflight feedback forms earlier in the year, and I wrote several lines about how even second-tier airlines like Austrian and Air New Zealand do sweet wine in J (...obviously the lovely crew read my form and got me a glass of something sweet from Suites!)

I hope the crews have been trained to "sell it" by offering it with foie gras (and dessert - not ideal, but better than port); otherwise it'll disappear because of a lack of passenger demand

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
          Ooooh, fantastic! At last!

I was given one of those inflight feedback forms earlier in the year, and I wrote several lines about how even second-tier airlines like Austrian and Air New Zealand do sweet wine in J (...obviously the lovely crew read my form and got me a glass of something sweet from Suites!)

I hope the crews have been trained to "sell it" by offering it with foie gras (and dessert - not ideal, but better than port); otherwise it'll disappear because of a lack of passenger demand
          Nope no selling technique I'm afraid. The initial pouring is still done in the galley and the bottle cannot be seen. Only when they do a second servings they walk around with the bottle. Second is they pour the champagne the wrong way, one should hold the bottle by the bottom, not like wine. Last is SQ should invest in proper wine glasses !

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
            Tried it and I enjoyed it also - no foie gras, no special technique
            Originally posted by Durian View Post
            Nope no selling technique I'm afraid. The initial pouring is still done in the galley and the bottle cannot be seen. Only when they do a second servings they walk around with the bottle. Second is they pour the champagne the wrong way, one should hold the bottle by the bottom, not like wine. Last is SQ should invest in proper wine glasses !
            They used the regular water glass and poured it in, wine glasses would be more elegant. They also poured it in the galley for me and brought it over. I didn't see the bottle on the second round either. I switched to something else after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
              ...SQ should invest in proper wine glasses !
              +1
              HUGE AL

Comment

• It's been Taittinger on my last few AKL-SIN-AKL runs.

Comment

• They had Bollinger on my recent SIN-HKG-SIN run though the default being served was Taittinger. I asked the cabin crew to check and voila!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                    It's been Taittinger on my last few AKL-SIN-AKL runs.
                    Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                    They had Bollinger on my recent SIN-HKG-SIN run though the default being served was Taittinger. I asked the cabin crew to check and voila!
                    The JCL menus are listing both Bollinger and Tattinger at the moment.

Comment

• Just had Taittinger Prelude as well. I must say I much prefer it over the usual Bollinger =)

Comment

• Hmm I hope the Sauternes will lasst till mid-Oct when I fly to KIX. Bolli or the Taittinger - either one will do. Now I only have to ready myself on a 01:25am departure to not fall sleep right away, but have a few drinks first and pass out later.

Comment

• Noticed that the menus put a "OR" for the champagnes...

Tattinger was only available on SIN AMS 2 weeks ago but I had both on LHR SIN

Comment

• Does anyone know what the current champagne in J ex-LHR is?

Comment

• Originally posted by choosethedrew View Post
                              Does anyone know what the current champagne in J ex-LHR is?
                              Charles Heidsieck in the air.
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                                Charles Heidsieck in the air.
                                Wahoo! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X