Singapore Airlines to finalize $13.8 billion Boeing order next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines to finalize $13.8 billion Boeing order next week

The airline said in February it would order 20 777-9 and 19 787-10 widebodies as part of plans to modernize its fleet over the next decade, but the deal is yet to be finalised and placed in Boeing’s order book as a Singapore Airlines order.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN1CP047
    So 20 B777-9 to replace B777-300ER? And how about B787-10? To Scoot?

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    The 787-10's are going to SQ aren't they?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

I’m afraid the sad truth is the B777-9 are actually A380 replacements. I am sorry to see the A380 fleet retire at such a young age but the economics simply do not work out for such a large aircraft. So enjoy the A380 while they are still around! The Dreamliners will be used for high density regional flights to North Asia,Western Australia. The regional A359 would probably be used for specific Australian,middle eastern routes, high frequency feeder services. The next 3!years will certainly be interesting!

Comment

A350 will replace the long haul 777's (maybe some regionals but I don't think this will happen now they have more 787-10 on order)
        777-9 to replace the A380
        787-10 to replace the regional 777's and A330

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          A350 will replace the long haul 777's (maybe some regionals but I don't think this will happen now they have more 787-10 on order)
          I thought the 777-9 will replace the longhaul 77W and the 350 is replacing the longhaul 772. Of course you are right about what the 787-10s are replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            I thought the 777-9 will replace the longhaul 77W and the 350 is replacing the longhaul 772.
            Nope :-)

Comment

There were rumors that an even more stretched 777-10 was shown to SQ...

Comment

Where have you been? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                  Where have you been? lol

Please tell me this isn't photoshopped. Looks beautiful. Now I know what you are referring to, lol.

Comment

Nope :-)
                    I certainly didn't mean ALL 77W routes. I meant routes such as SFO (via HKG), LAX, which have a bigger demand than the 350's capacity.

Comment

Please tell me this isn't photoshopped. Looks beautiful. Now I know what you are referring to, lol.
                      I am so confused. You name yourself SQfanatic, frequent this thread so often, but totally missed this?

Or are you just selectively fanatic....

Comment

I certainly didn't mean ALL 77W routes. I meant routes such as SFO (via HKG), LAX, which have a bigger demand than the 350's capacity.
                        It’s hard for anyone to know what you mean before you conveyed it to them...

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                          I am so confused. You name yourself SQfanatic, frequent this thread so often, but totally missed this?

Or are you just selectively fanatic....
                          I might have missed this. But I am a fan of SQ, since I've flown them numerous times since I was a baby.

I meant, high-yield routes currently using the 77W that don't require for a 350.

Comment

If A350 to replace long haul B777-300ERs, then we are not having first class to Europe and Amercias? So a surrender to Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and Cathay Pacific?

I have been thinking that B787-10 will replace B777-300 (Non-ERs) and the rest of the fleet of A350-900 should be sufficient to replace A330s?

Comment

If A350 to replace long haul B777-300ERs, then we are not having first class to Europe and Amercias? So a surrender to Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and Cathay Pacific?

I have been thinking that B787-10 will replace B777-300 (Non-ERs) and the rest of the fleet of A350-900 should be sufficient to replace A330s?
                              I'm with FN-GM that we might not see regional config A350s.
                              The long haul A350s will/has replace(d) the current 10 77E and some 77W routes (IAH and a smaller extend SFO are 2 examples) and will open some new routes.

There're now 37 regional config SQ birds left as of 1/Oct (5x 773, 10x 772 & 22 A333) so the 49x 787-10s would be more than enough to cover them and allow for growth.

Comment

Working...
                              X