The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    The majority of Y pax won't know the difference. They won't know different airlines have different number of seats across in the same aircraft. Most won't even pay attention to the type of aircraft.
    not entirely true. I have several colleagues from China who usually travel to SIN from PVG by MU. Once they're on SQ and spotted the difference immediately, saying cabin was fresher, toilet cleaner, no cigarette smell, seat more comfortable and meals more edible.

The PRCs are more affluent these days and given a good experience, they would opt for SQ.

Comment

Some details on the new business class seat.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/here-is-sin...ess-class-seat

For some reason looks uncomfortable to me, hopefully just looks that way.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
        For some reason looks uncomfortable to me, hopefully just looks that way.
        Looks similar to the ANA ones, which I find ok. For a normal Y-flyer like me, any flat bed / angled flat is good.

Comment

It doesn't seem to suit the SQ style.

Comment

But a mediocre 2-2-2 angled flat product does?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              But a mediocre 2-2-2 angled flat product does?
              I was talking more about the aesthetics

Comment

i think its more of a mock up---- of course SQ will tweak it to their luxury standards.

Comment

The picture referred to in the AusBT article (A good read, djsflynn!) is a generic Stelia Opal seat. SQ is likely to have customized it to the point it is almost unrecognizable...

Comment

It's a bit hard to see on that picture, but I reckon that the seat is full flat?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                      It's a bit hard to see on that picture, but I reckon that the seat is full flat?
                      Yes it is, but not the fold-down type which SQ currently uses. I'm sure some fliers will be happy with that.

The other question is whether SQ plans to put the pair seats in the centre together, or will there always be a gap (footwell of seat behind) between the centre pair of pax.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        The picture referred to in the AusBT article (A good read, djsflynn!) is a generic Stelia Opal seat. SQ is likely to have customized it to the point it is almost unrecognizable...
                        Here's hoping! The contrast between the generic seat and existing SQ products is jarring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
                          Here's hoping! The contrast between the generic seat and existing SQ products is jarring.
                          Fret not, SQ is going to customise this up the ying-yang - I'd expect you could look at the current A350 business class seat (or the new A380 ones to be revealed this coming Thursday), squint to blur the details but get a sense of the colours and tones, and that should give you a sense of the overall treatment of the 787-10 business class seat. SQ plays safe with its palette, especially at the pointy end (although some of the premium economy elements were admittedly unexpected) so I'd expect the 787-10 seat to be very much 'on brand'.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                            Fret not, SQ is going to customise this up the ying-yang - I'd expect you could look at the current A350 business class seat (or the new A380 ones to be revealed this coming Thursday), squint to blur the details but get a sense of the colours and tones, and that should give you a sense of the overall treatment of the 787-10 business class seat. SQ plays safe with its palette, especially at the pointy end (although some of the premium economy elements were admittedly unexpected) so I'd expect the 787-10 seat to be very much 'on brand'.
                            That would be excellent! I much like the SQ color palette for all of its seats, save the orange Y+.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                              Yes it is, but not the fold-down type which SQ currently uses. I'm sure some fliers will be happy with that.
                              I would compare to current Regional. And then defenitely its an improvement to to see full flat and direct aisle access.

I know the current longhaul C is not everyones darling, but i like the width of the seat and can accept the inconvience of the folding mechanism.

Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                              SQ plays safe with its palette, especially at the pointy end (although some of the premium economy elements were admittedly unexpected) so I'd expect the 787-10 seat to be very much 'on brand'.
                              I would not be surprised if we would see some new color schemes. The color schemes selected for new C, regional C and the 2006 C were not really carefully thought through as they are quite sensitive to the day-to-day use. Iam honestly shocked to see the condition of some of the C cabins after 1 to 2 years, they are looking really worn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
                                That would be excellent! I much like the SQ color palette for all of its seats, save the orange Y+.
                                Yes, I remember an initial sense of 'shock' (as opposed to "shiok!") at the launch of the Y+ seats.

Very different to SQ's warmer tones, which was of course part of the idea - it's not J, it's Y+ so give it its own palette and make the colours more contemporary than Y (slate with a sharp bright 'pop' colour was arguably on-trend at the time).

I actually like the look of the Y+ cabin, it's very fresh, but I'm not sure this is the direction for SQ's hero cabin classes!

Comment

Working...
                                X