No announcement yet.

[SGN] Rose Lounge, previously known as the *A Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im flying out of SGN tomorrow on SQ, I did not even think there was a lounge at all.
    I will report my experience.

Comment

Hi all,

I'll be flying SIN-SGN a fair few times over the next year - can anyone update me on the lounge situation?

Last time I was through (Nov 2008) i noticed that there was now free wireless access in the terminal - definitely an improvement on previous trips.

Comment

Just been through Saigon. Choices at check in are still the Rose lounge, a singaporean restaurant or a foot spa, and they've added the Illy coffee place.

Wifi in the Illy cafe place is pretty good.

Still, a pretty poor showing I think

Comment

Rose Lounge is quite mediocre compared to when it was just opened. Drinks isn't an issue, however food appears to be the same compared to the old lounge in the now domestic terminal; i.e. plastic wrapped plate of food which can be heated via. microwave.

The massage chair overlooking the food area seems to be gone as well, however there is still good wifi coverage within the lounge area, funnily enough the wirless network is still called 'starlounge'.

I think the VN lounge has better food offerings though ..

Comment

When I passed through in Nov last year, I didn't even get a choice - it was the Rose lounge or nada..

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
              Rose Lounge is quite mediocre compared to when it was just opened. Drinks isn't an issue, however food appears to be the same compared to the old lounge in the now domestic terminal; i.e. plastic wrapped plate of food which can be heated via. microwave.

The massage chair overlooking the food area seems to be gone as well, however there is still good wifi coverage within the lounge area, funnily enough the wirless network is still called 'starlounge'.

I think the VN lounge has better food offerings though ..
              Passed through again recently and agree with the above. However, I am sure the wi-fi is now called 'Rose Lounge'.

All options still offered to SQ pax at check-in. I just go for the lounge for a drink and the wi-fi.

One little feature I do like in the lounge is the steep ramps that are supposed to assist you in pulling your wheeled hand luggage up and down at the side of the steps. However, these things are steeper than Everest, which made for a comical episode last year when some loud mouth was yapping on his phone letting all in the lounge know what a big shot he was , and he pushed his (clearly oversize and overweight) bag to the top to roll it down and it flew off at speed and pulled him over down the steps, the back came off his phone and the battery fell out.

Comment

i visited this lounge in dec 2007. i remember it was very nice, though things have probably changed since then. they had a menu which you could order food from and a very good selection from a laid out buffet. they had a wide selection of drinks too.

things must have changed very fast.

Comment

Comment

Well I am here again and the situation has not improved.

The drinks in the refrigerators are not cold - I suspect that the white wine is the only thing cold. Interesting that they have spirit mixers (tonic, soda etc) but no spirits for over a year.

The soups are a bunch of ingredients with hot water and the mini spring rolls are dead set cold.

I dismantled their terrible sandwiches and ate the sausage and cheese!

Cheers

Comment

I passed through the day before you - I think you may have encountered the same set of spring rolls I looked at.

The fresh fruit was fairly good, but other than that, a poor showing.

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
                      Well I am here again and the situation has not improved.

The drinks in the refrigerators are not cold - I suspect that the white wine is the only thing cold. Interesting that they have spirit mixers (tonic, soda etc) but no spirits for over a year.

The soups are a bunch of ingredients with hot water and the mini spring rolls are dead set cold.

Cheers

Comment

I went through on Sunday and nothing had changed, except they have got all the apron in front of the lounge dug up, which is strange as the terminal hasn't been open long.

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
                        I have previously dismantled a few to make one sandwich, I won't be doing it again.

I actually went to the Singapore Restaurant (Prima Taste ?) and paid for some food then went down to the lounge. They scribbled on my BP as they had run out of lounge invites.

One thing they did have at checkin was a nice young lady representing Illy Cafe who was trying to persuade people to choose their place when given the four choices on offer.

In fairness, with the deterioration of the lounge (which is down to SASCO's greed) I think it's pretty good of SQ to give us four different options to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I went through on Sunday and nothing had changed, except they have got all the apron in front of the lounge dug up, which is strange as the terminal hasn't been open long.

I have previously dismantled a few to make one sandwich, I won't be doing it again.

I actually went to the Singapore Restaurant (Prima Taste ?) and paid for some food then went down to the lounge. They scribbled on my BP as they had run out of lounge invites.

One thing they did have at checkin was a nice young lady representing Illy Cafe who was trying to persuade people to choose their place when given the four choices on offer.

In fairness, with the deterioration of the lounge (which is down to SASCO's greed) I think it's pretty good of SQ to give us four different options to choose from.
                          I agree with MAN in that SQ are trying their best to provide a fair level of service in spite of the SASCO fiasco. I keep on asking for an email address for the SASCO General Director so that we can bombard him (or her).

My practice now is to take the lounge invitation and go first to the Singapore restaurant on my own Dong. The food is not bad and the WiFi faster than the lounge.

Comment

Back in SGN again and the lounge has not improved. The white wine tastes like cats p*** and the red smells like vinegar!

But the Bak Ku Teh (spelling?) at Prima Taste was excellent!

Comment

Yeah it's not a good lounge from a food & drink POV, but it is bright and airy and has decent views. I just have a soft drink and use the wifi if I use it. Getting a seat is not always easy either as every airline bar VN seem to use it nowadays.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              One little feature I do like in the lounge is the steep ramps that are supposed to assist you in pulling your wheeled hand luggage up and down at the side of the steps. However, these things are steeper than Everest, which made for a comical episode last year when some loud mouth was yapping on his phone letting all in the lounge know what a big shot he was , and he pushed his (clearly oversize and overweight) bag to the top to roll it down and it flew off at speed and pulled him over down the steps, the back came off his phone and the battery fell out.
                              Sadly they have got rid of these ramps.

Comment

post deleted
                                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X