X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another great trip report. thank you yflyer

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
      Really enjoyable TR as usual. And compliments to Mrs yflyer's excellent photos - its not just the camera quality. The framing and composition etc were all great!

You make a superb team!
      Thanks, KC*! Yup, not only does Mrs yflyer take good photos, she has this amazing ability to seek out interesting food in any city or place that we visit...

And yes, the Marriott was a good choice. I enjoyed my stay there (and that breakfast!) some years back and it is good to see that the standards are upheld. Unfortunately, my trip did not allow me to have any fun outside - just meetings and talk and talk and talk...yuks.
      Yes, the JW Marriott is great!

Your previous Beijing trips sound just like mine. I have made so many trips to Beijing before, but never headed to the Great Wall or the Forbidden City because my schedule never allowed for it, and of course it is much less fun sightseeing without the spouse or family. I did see Tiananmen Square on previous trips, but only because the taxi to drive past it on the way from the hotel to the client's office.

Originally posted by jammed View Post
      Whoa, you outdid yrself yflyer running on the Great Wall! I can't quite make it from yr run app, was it 5k or 10k?
      Thanks, jammed!

It was just a 5km run...and a lot of the way it was just walking up and down steps, with the slow run/jog on the more level sections. But it was a great workout...those uphill climbs were killers...

Well done to another vy engaging TR, all the details fleshing out a delightful read and most useful reference for visitors.
      Thanks again! Yes hope the info is useful for anyone planning a trip!

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      Yet another great trip report. thank you yflyer
      Thanks, Lobster!

Good man you, letting yr wife fly in the cabin ahead just so you can live up to yr moniker in Y
      And you are really so nice to let your wife enjoy J and R while you sit in the rear cabin. So very nice.
      She appreciates it! And I do, of course, upgrade myself to J or F on occasion. If the situation permits, I would use points to upgrade myself to join Mrs yflyer up front too, but that's not always possible. On this trip, my SIN-PEK fare was a non-upgradeable fare class, so it was not possible to upgrade myself to J to join her there. But we've been married so long that spending 6 hours apart may have more benefits than disadvantages...

Comment

Thanks for a great TR

Mrsflyer is really good! The photos have nice proportions. She has an eye for it. Just wonder, when is she going to join this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          Thanks for a great TR

Mrsflyer is really good! The photos have nice proportions. She has an eye for it. Just wonder, when is she going to join this forum.
          Thanks, SQueeze!

Actually Mrs yflyer writes well too...but I doubt she has any intention to put that talent to use writing TRs...

Comment

Working...
          X