Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Arrows to visit Singapore (Oct.13th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Arrows to visit Singapore (Oct.13th)

The visit to Singapore is part of the team’s visit to the Middle East and Asia, including countries like China, India and Malaysia.

During the visit the Red Arrows will take part in programmes that will promote the United Kingdom’s long standing relations in Singapore aimed at increasing trade and investment as well as to be part of Rolls-Royce’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Event at the company’s Seletar Campus.

Flying in from Malaysia, the Red Arrows will arrive in Singapore on Thursday, 13 October 2016 and conduct a 30 minute flypast from approximately 12.00pm in their famous Diamond 9 Formation. The Red Arrows’ flypasts are expected off Marina Bay Sands, including streaming white smoke.

After the flypast, the Red Arrows’ Hawk jets will be based at the Republic of Singapore Air Force’s Paya Lebar Airbase.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/world-...isit-singapore

Definitely will make a b-line for Marina Bay.....somewhere. Not seen them live in action for many years so to see them here would be really great. Not sure the best spot to watch but it's a work/school day so I doubt there will be too many people around.

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/government/world-...isit-singapore

Definitely will make a b-line for Marina Bay.....somewhere. Not seen them live in action for many years so to see them here would be really great. Not sure the best spot to watch but it's a work/school day so I doubt there will be too many people around.
    It's either fromatop Marina Barrage or if you have a good zoom lens, in comfort at one of the restaurants at MBS.

Comment

Yeah, that was an idea but also was thinking more along the lines of the Barrage, Flyer balcony or F1 track final corner at the water's edge. Anyway, doubt the area will be overly busy at that time and day but it should look good.

Comment

Switched to Saturday 15th around 12:30-1:00pm.....due to regional bad weather.
        Last edited by scooby5; 13 October 2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

And I lugged my heavy equipment to work today. Drats.

Comment

I decided to look for their tweets this morning after I saw it raining this morning.....so was lucky enough even to do the check otherwise it would be a wasted trip downtown.

I think the KL display remains on 17th over KLCC.

Comment

What's the difference between a "Flypast between approx. 12:30pm and 1pm" and a "Display"?

They're not going to do any of the eye catching stuff that we would actually make the effort to go and watch? I hope I am not overly underwhelmed.

Comment

Definition from the UK govt document on "Flying Display Organization, Management and Participation"

A Flypast is defined as aircraft flying, either singly or in formation, past a reviewing stand or any specific point along a pre-planned route without
                manoeuvring, other than when necessary for safe and accurate navigation.
                Accordingly, they will not include aerobatic manoeuvres.
                Originally posted by ST
                The flypast of the Red Arrows, the aerobatic team of Britain's Royal Air Force, has been postponed to Saturday (Oct 15) after unexpected weather in the South Asian region. It was originally scheduled to take place on Thursday (Oct 13).

The flypast over Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay and Sentosa will now take place from around 12.30pm to about 1pm on Saturday.
                Last edited by CarbonMan; 13 October 2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Comment

Cancelled.......planes are based in Thailand so bad weather between there and here means these small planes can't make it. Fly past was cancelled over KL yesterday also.

Comment

Red Arrows finally managed to land at Subang at Sunday lunchtime so their KL display should progress as planned on Monday, weather dependant.

Only await news about their short hop to Marina Bay as well.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/cherylsan/p...54616315796804
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

As good as it gets.

Comment

Just saw this newsflash on ST. I presume they shouldn't have any problems flying down to SIN from KUL.

The Red Arrows successfully arrived in Subang, Malaysia, on Sunday (Oct 16) after severe weather had affected the region and delayed the original flypast on Saturday. The public can view the flypast in the vicinity of Marina Bay and Gardens by the Bay from 1.10pm to 1.30pm. They will also perform an aerial orbit over the sea.
                            This will probably be the one and only maneuver they will do. https://youtu.be/uliybifIpuw
                            Last edited by CarbonMan; 17 October 2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Scheduled for 1-1:30pm on Tuesday.

Must, must, must show their trade marked diamond in there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X