• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swissfondue View Post
    What would you buy? Curious
    The question; more accurately; is what did she buy from MB

Comment

What would you buy? Curious
      Something cheap and cheerful like an A180 and pocket the rest for airfares!

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      The question; more accurately; is what did she buy from MB
      something like the above!
      Last edited by SQflyergirl; 30 July 2016, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Something cheap and cheerful like an A180 and pocket the rest for airfares!

something like the above!
        Very nice! I actually love both the A-class and C-class. The A-class with AMG kit is so sporty looking. But too bad they don't fit my family.

Have fun with your W176

Comment

I'm waiting for a while to think after attending the launch of W213. A bit underwhelmed by it after great expectations. The exterior has nothing to shout about. Felt very little presence. I was expecting the full digital dash, which MB marketed so strongly, to be standard. But it is an option costing an extra $15300 that we have to wait till next year. The metal weave trim in the Avantgarde and AMG Line is nice though and looks like carbon fibre. The Exclusive is too uncle for me: too much chrome on the outside and too much wood in the inside.

Comment

The A-class with AMG kit is so sporty looking.
            My W176 doesn't come with any of the AMG line optional accessories Whatever body kit on the car is standard and you can't choose (for malaysia anyway)

Can't complain though. It's a cheerful little car and has breezy (best way to describe it) performance!

As for your conundrum: The answer is easy. W205 C63S

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              As for your conundrum: The answer is easy. W205 C63S
              Out of my budget unfortunately

Comment

Friend drove pass today and saw this https://www.dropbox.com/s/7anz9enlga...20PM.jpeg?dl=0

Comment

But I need to find a replacement as my current audi is giving me too many problems
                  It seems like most people I know (including myself) are having or had problems with Audi. And of all places, I find another unhappy Audi owner on SQTalk! I'm not sure what model you have, but my 2011 A4 has given me problem after problem for the 3+ years I owned it. It's been in the workshop at least a dozen times for problems ranging from a broken MMI screen to the windows being stuck and many more electrical problems. I finally gave up on the car when the A/C compressor broke.

I replaced the Audi with the Mercedes A250 and have no regrets whatsoever. The car has been solid as a rock and has not given me any trouble for the past two years. It's also more punchy and nimble, as it's more compact and lighter (compared to the A4). The only issue is the ride of the A250 might be too firm for some. I also don't like the infotainment system that comes on the car, it's very counter-intuitive and hard to navigate compared to MMI and iDrive. On another note, I also find C&C's service better than Premium's. You can't go wrong with a Mercedes if reliability is what you're looking for.
                  Last edited by jaywell; 3 August 2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                    It seems like most people I know (including myself) are having or had problems with Audi. And of all places, I find another unhappy Audi owner on SQTalk! I'm not sure what model you have, but my 2011 A4 has given me problem after problem for the 3+ years I owned it. It's been in the workshop at least a dozen times for problems ranging from a broken MMI screen to the windows being stuck and many more electrical problems. I finally gave up on the car when the A/C compressor broke.

I replaced the Audi with the Mercedes A250 and have no regrets whatsoever. The car has been solid as a rock and has not given me any trouble for the past two years. It's also more punchy and nimble, as it's more compact and lighter (compared to the A4). The only issue is the ride of the A250 might be too firm for some. I also don't like the infotainment system that comes on the car, it's very counter-intuitive and hard to navigate compared to MMI and iDrive. On another note, I also find C&C's service better than Premium's. You can't go wrong with a Mercedes if reliability is what you're looking for.
                    I have a 2014 A6 and I too had many electrical and electronics problems, ranging from MMI, various sensors, cabling, start/stop ... you name it. The A250 is a nice solid car. Two cars before my current Audi, my ride is a W124 E250 which was so reliable I took it all the way to 10 years. In between I had a disastrous BMW 3er, which is why I'm now looking to switch back to merc.

But I must say, the W213 was underwhelming. Perhaps because of all the aggressive marketing resulting in high expectations.

Comment

I have a 2014 A6 and I too had many electrical and electronics problems, ranging from MMI, various sensors, cabling, start/stop ... you name it. The A250 is a nice solid car. Two cars before my current Audi, my ride is a W124 E250 which was so reliable I took it all the way to 10 years. In between I had a disastrous BMW 3er, which is why I'm now looking to switch back to merc.

But I must say, the W213 was underwhelming. Perhaps because of all the aggressive marketing resulting in high expectations.
                      I too was also a little disappointed with how the new E-Class turned out. Maybe a good alternative would be to look at Jaguar. The new XF looks rather impressive inside and out. In terms of reliability, I have a couple of friends and colleagues who own the previous version of the XF, and all of them are pretty satisfied with the ownership experience.

I went to Wearnes to take a look at the smaller XE, and I've got to say that Jag has come quite a long way. The quality of the materials and fit-and-finish seem to be up there with the Germans, which is impressive. Such a far cry from its predecessor, the disastrous X-Type. I haven't been on a test drive yet, but from what I heard, it's better to drive than the 3 series.

Comment

Working...
                      X