Scoot to start India Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoot to start India Ops

Any thoughts on possible cities/tiger air services to be replaced? Secondary cities that come to mind include Pune and Jaipur!

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8191353.ece

TRV would be nice
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      TRV would be nice
      Highly doubt it with Silkair in the market as well!

Comment

Originally posted by chiraagnt View Post
        Highly doubt it with Silkair in the market as well!
        They overlap to many other stations (MEL, BKK, NRT etc)

I think the larger Indian cities are all potential : JAI, HYD, CCU, MAA, ATQ, AMD
        JAI is pretty much confirmed IMO as I heard it myself when Campbell Wilson was in Jaipur last Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
          TRV would be nice
          You beat me to it. Would like TRV to at least be 2 flights depending on demand of course. Good to cater those also coming from SQ15 in the morning hours.

Comment

Scoot has launched 3 destinations in India.

Info from airlineroute.net

Scoot today (22APR16) has announced planned new service launch to India, including flights to Amritsar, Chennai and Jaipur. Reservation opened on the airline’s website at 0400GMT. Subject to Government Approval, planned operation as follow.

eff 24MAY16 Singapore – Amritsar
            TZ508 SIN0900 – 1210ATQ 789 x357
            TZ507 ATQ1320 – 2145SIN 789 x357

Day 1 service operates from 04JUL16

eff 24MAY16 Singapore – Chennai
            TZ502 SIN1055 – 1210MAA 788 D
            TZ501 MAA0120 – 0825SIN 788 D

eff 02OCT16 Singapore – Jaipur
            TZ506 SIN2035 – 2330JAI 788 157
            TZ505 JAI0040 – 0845SIN 788 126

Service increases to 4 weekly (Day x246 from SIN, Day x357 from JAI) from 02NOV16
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Finally.

But i wonder how this schedule works in relation to onward destinations. ATQ to Australia is seamless. But not the other way. The other works for JAI. If Australia is not the target market, then is it O&D? Unless they codeshare with SIA.

Chennai has a long layover for the plane and the crew. Again, how is that working compared to Silkair and SQ who minimizes costs by not having layovers.

Comment

The aircraft will spend 13hrs at Chennai - wonder if there are plans for an onward flight from there.
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                  Scoot has launched 3 destinations in India.

Info from airlineroute.net

Scoot today (22APR16) has announced planned new service launch to India, including flights to Amritsar, Chennai and Jaipur. Reservation opened on the airline’s website at 0400GMT. Subject to Government Approval, planned operation as follow.

eff 24MAY16 Singapore – Amritsar
                  TZ508 SIN0900 – 1210ATQ 789 x357
                  TZ507 ATQ1320 – 2145SIN 789 x357

Day 1 service operates from 04JUL16

eff 02OCT16 Singapore – Jaipur
                  TZ506 SIN2035 – 2330JAI 788 157
                  TZ505 JAI0040 – 0845SIN 788 126

Service increases to 4 weekly (Day x246 from SIN, Day x357 from JAI) from 02NOV16
                  The timing of the Chennai flight is pretty good, it would beat spending 19 hours from SQ15 (or 8 hours from SQ1) and waiting until evening. SilkAir has a flight departing around 7:30AM, which is good, but quite early depending on how one looks at it, and to make matters worse, not even daily, just Friday thru Sunday (And Wednesdays during certain peak seasons). 10:55AM is a good time, at least from someone that would get off SQ15 after 1AM or so, it will give you some time to sleep and take a shower at the transit hotel in T3 (preferably), then have a proper breakfast before heading for the Scoot flight.

Also, one question before I jump in more...Will Singapore Airlines offer Scoot flights through their website for the MAA sector like they would with SilkAir? If not, I guess I'll have to stick with either evening SQ flight or the morning MI flight (which gets into MAA in the morning, meaning enough time to rest, shop and start a good day in Chennai, like my dad did back in 2013).

Unfortunately coming back, even though 95% of the time I come from TRV, the arrival at 8:25AM is too tight for someone wanting to connect to SQ16, thank God for SQ offering an evening option for SFO, too. Even at 8:25AM for SQ16 I am at the gate for that flight itself. And I also assume Scoot will depart from Terminal 2 like MI (Or Terminal 3, right)?

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    The timing of the Chennai flight is pretty good, it would beat spending 19 hours from SQ15 (or 8 hours from SQ1) and waiting until evening. SilkAir has a flight departing around 7:30AM, which is good, but quite early depending on how one looks at it, and to make matters worse, not even daily, just Friday thru Sunday (And Wednesdays during certain peak seasons). 10:55AM is a good time, at least from someone that would get off SQ15 after 1AM or so, it will give you some time to sleep and take a shower at the transit hotel in T3 (preferably), then have a proper breakfast before heading for the Scoot flight.

Also, one question before I jump in more...Will Singapore Airlines offer Scoot flights through their website for the MAA sector like they would with SilkAir? If not, I guess I'll have to stick with either evening SQ flight or the morning MI flight (which gets into MAA in the morning, meaning enough time to rest, shop and start a good day in Chennai, like my dad did back in 2013).

Unfortunately coming back, even though 95% of the time I come from TRV, the arrival at 8:25AM is too tight for someone wanting to connect to SQ16, thank God for SQ offering an evening option for SFO, too. Even at 8:25AM for SQ16 I am at the gate for that flight itself. And I also assume Scoot will depart from Terminal 2 like MI (Or Terminal 3, right)?
                    From what I've been reading, Bharat Mahadevan said that the Jaipur and Amritsar passengers can continue on SIA and Silkair marketed flights other than Tigerair but NOT Chennai flights as it would cannibalize the existing SIA passengers (Meaning Chennai passengers can only continue on with Tigerair)

While I admire the way the SIA group is using its 4 airlines, I feel that it may be getting a bit 'messy' with the selective selling of other group airlines to different flights. Also, the Indian Government and Civil Aviation Ministry are being problematic for the SIA Group by not allowing Vistara to put its codes on these flights which can aid in a lot of domestic transfers and selling of one ticket!

Lot of potential although disappointing they didn't launch flights to PNQ (Pune) which has a lot of potential and VFR traffic in addition to onward connections.

Source: http://wap.business-standard.com/art...2200317_1.html

Comment

Originally posted by chiraagnt View Post
                      From what I've been reading, Bharat Mahadevan said that the Jaipur and Amritsar passengers can continue on SIA and Silkair marketed flights other than Tigerair but NOT Chennai flights as it would cannibalize the existing SIA passengers (Meaning Chennai passengers can only continue on with Tigerair)

Source: http://wap.business-standard.com/art...2200317_1.html
                      That makes sense. JAI and ATQ needs Long haul connectivity to ANZ and NA.
                      Chennai should have enough O&D demand to SIN and the region.

Comment

Scoot is replacing Tigerair's 10 weekly service to MAA, per airlineroute.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          This is incorrect. TZ502 departs 2255 and arrives 0010. Just helped a colleague book his family's trip back home for Diwali at $99 each way.

Comment

Scoot seem to want to fly to a number of European and Middle Eastern destinations via India - including MAN (not London - in case anyone was confused!!!).

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                              Scoot seem to want to fly to a number of European and Middle Eastern destinations via India - including MAN (not London - in case anyone was confused!!!).

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst
                              This seems to be slowly moving forward...

http://m.businesstoday.in/story/sing.../1/259642.html

Comment

Working...
                              X