New MH J on A330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MH J on A330

Looks nice, but I still prefer reverse herringbone.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/au/e...f_comfort.html

Reverse herringbone was never going to be in the cards - this was for regional routes, and any herringbone seat uses up too much space.

Nice article about those seats here:

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...usiness-class/

Comment

Poor choice…but understand as they are the EI seats.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Here is the Ausbt Report - i was there with the author and got a really good look at the seats.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/up-close-wit...n=home-flipper

Comment

Thanks for the link, SQflyergirl!

J looks pretty good!

Not sure about Y+, though. Is it really 2-4-2? That would make it the same width as regular Y...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Thanks for the link, SQflyergirl!

J looks pretty good!

Not sure about Y+, though. Is it really 2-4-2? That would make it the same width as regular Y...
            The article makes no mention of Y+

But yeah - it's the same seat - spaced out in 36 inch pitch. That's all. Make no mistake, it's CLOSEST analog is UA E+, nothing fancier.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              The article makes no mention of Y+

But yeah - it's the same seat - spaced out in 36 inch pitch. That's all. Make no mistake, it's CLOSEST analog is UA E+, nothing fancier.
              Yes saw pics of the new MH Y+ (And J) on airliners.net

Yes, more like UA E+ than a premium economy product...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                Yes saw pics of the new MH Y+ (And J) on airliners.net

Yes, more like UA E+ than a premium economy product...

Those airliners.net pics are mine.... check the underlying links. Oh well...

Comment

Those airliners.net pics are mine.... check the underlying links. Oh well...
                  I know ...well that's the internet for you. As least there is attribution (of some sort) to the original sources.

Comment

Have a flight in September and looking for a good seat, anybody tried the first 2 rows of Economy in the new mini cabin (Row 9 and 10)? How about the first row in the main cabin (Row 11)?
                    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                      Have a flight in September and looking for a good seat, anybody tried the first 2 rows of Economy in the new mini cabin (Row 9 and 10)? How about the first row in the main cabin (Row 11)?
                      I've not tried them on a flight, but have sat in them with a tape measure and all.

Between 9 and 10 i'd take 9. More legroom and has a window. Row 10 is missing a window. Only problem is on some flights, depending on the IFS, the lavatory near door R2 might be designated a J lav, so you'll have foot traffic coming through from the J cabin, and if you're in 9G or H, you'll may get your feet stepped on.

Row 11's a bog standard exit with great legroom, but as you're aware, sits in the main cabin so it's a bit less private.

Comment

I've not tried them on a flight, but have sat in them with a tape measure and all.

Between 9 and 10 i'd take 9. More legroom and has a window. Row 10 is missing a window. Only problem is on some flights, depending on the IFS, the lavatory near door R2 might be designated a J lav, so you'll have foot traffic coming through from the J cabin, and if you're in 9G or H, you'll may get your feet stepped on.

Row 11's a bog standard exit with great legroom, but as you're aware, sits in the main cabin so it's a bit less private.
                        Thanks for the info, will be my first time in the new cabin.

I've initially selected 9A for KUL-KIX and 11K for the return. Will call in to select 9A as well for the return since it's available.

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                          Thanks for the info, will be my first time in the new cabin.

I've initially selected 9A for KUL-KIX and 11K for the return. Will call in to select 9A as well for the return since it's available.
                          Seats changed to 9A for both legs!

Comment

I will be flying the new A330 layout to PVG this coming Sept as well.
                            Had Row 9 window seats booked for both legs.

I found 2 photos of that section in someone's media report coverage on the new J.

http://www.azuanzahdi.com/index.php/...usiness-class/

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                              I will be flying the new A330 layout to PVG this coming Sept as well.
                              Had Row 9 window seats booked for both legs.

I found 2 photos of that section in someone's media report coverage on the new J.

http://www.azuanzahdi.com/index.php/...usiness-class/
                              Yeah I saw that as well. I remember seeing a video on twitter showing the new business and that mini economy cabin as well but can't seem to find it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X