No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking at the booking engine. SQ 217 indeed switches over to the A350. It is still a A380 in July.

I think the swap of SQ 217 from A380 to A350 in May/June is a seasonal downgauge of aircraft. Maybe the loads are lighter during that period.

Not sure about SQ 207/208 - fingers crossed. SQ 247/248 will be introduced in July. So they could reduce a bit of capacity on 207/208.

Comment

• 9V-SMK completing her Second Flight on Tuesday.

Comment

• A350's will be placed on SQ217/218 from 01MAY to 28JUN. Further changes still possible.

Comment

• My SQ228 booking in late March is also showing as unavailable under aircraft type. I'm not sure why an A350 will operate SQ217/8. They have plenty of 77W capacity. They could send the A350 to CHC.

Comment

• SQ218 on 24 March also showing unavailable aircraft type. Another booking I have in mid Oct on SQ238 also unavailable...Interestingly SQ217 on both bookings still showing as A380. Flying in F on both journeys...hope A380 remains in place on SQ218!

Comment

• It looks like MEL might be up for a major aircraft re-shuffle with aircraft type changes for a few of the flights. Has the introduction of SQ247/248 effected operations of the different flights?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                My SQ228 booking in late March is also showing as unavailable under aircraft type. I'm not sure why an A350 will operate SQ217/8. They have plenty of 77W capacity. They could send the A350 to CHC.
                Might be putting another 77W for refit and the A350 is to cover the gap until the current one comes out?

Comment

• Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                  It looks like MEL might be up for a major aircraft re-shuffle with aircraft type changes for a few of the flights. Has the introduction of SQ247/248 effected operations of the different flights?
                  It might be time to revive the "messing with MEL" thread...

I didn't notice any retiming of other flights with SQ247/8 coming into operation. Honestly I couldn't see any advantages of the new flights with respect to onward connections. They seem to be weekend overflow flights where passengers will probably save $100 on a ticket if they accept a longer layover at Changi. A lot of people may like this idea when flying out as it'll take pressure off SQ228 but still allow connections to Euro flights leaving before 0100.

Comment

• 9V-SMK completed her CAF 2 days ago and is now displaying her final registration. Delivery could take place as early as today or in the next few days.

Comment

• Delivery of 9V-SMK appears to be today.
                      http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regd...LC=nav4&page=2

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                        Delivery of 9V-SMK appears to be today.
                        http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regd...LC=nav4&page=2
                        Scheduled for arrival at 1015LT tomorrow (26FEB17) as SQ8895.
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• 9V-SMK has just taken off on her Delivery Flight. She should arrive at Changi tomorrow (26 Feb) at around 10.30am (SG time).

Comment

• 9V-SMK Delivery Flight

Last edited by SQKevin; 26 February 2017, 09:40 AM. Reason: Added new photos.

Comment

• Beautiful sky in that last pic...

Comment

• 9V-SMK has landed at Changi. Welcome home #11!

Comment

Working...
                                X