No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was not a fan of the 3D maps on the new 777-300ER.
    I actually preferred the old model's display. It was more user-friendly. Although the new one comes with interactive features where you can touch-screen and drag the globe which makes the travel more fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      The old IFE, such as on the SV-series 772 features a view which I would call a perspective view. Gives a sense of the direction the plane is heading in, but really isn't proper 3D.
      Sorry I meant the 2006 IFE in the 77W's. Not the ancient IFE in the 772

I think they have enabled 3D Maps on the 2006 IFE?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        I think they have enabled 3D Maps on the 2006 IFE?
        Not that I know of, but maybe they had somebody write so many emails to them about 3D maps that they did so out of sheer frustration?

Comment

That would make sense as the 3D map is on the old IFE I think?
          You're correct. ps: CX only has interactive 3D map on their A359 which they took delivery in last June.

Comment

• The non-interactive map on CX 77H/77G/most A33Ks with Panasonic eX2:

The interactive map on CX A359 with Panasonic eX3:
            Last edited by GCHaviation; 16 January 2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Not that I know of, but maybe they had somebody write so many emails to them about 3D maps that they did so out of sheer frustration?
              Perhaps they also did something to eliminate any chance of strange wing-flap or engine sounds because the same person incessantly complained about that too?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                Perhaps they also did something to eliminate any chance of strange wing-flap or engine sounds because the same person incessantly complained about that too?
                Ultimate confirmation will be if we start seeing those tree-shaped air-fresheners hung up around the cabin with "new plane smell" written on them.

Comment

• Have they done any of the refits on multiple aircraft at once?
                  SWD hasn't flown in 7 weeks
                  SWG in over 4 weeks and SWF hasn't flown in a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                    Have they done any of the refits on multiple aircraft at once?
                    SWD hasn't flown in 7 weeks
                    SWG in over 4 weeks and SWF hasn't flown in a week.
                    Nope, so far its been 1 aircraft at a time. Seems like with the A350s arriving they finally can give the 77Ws the attention needed. SWD should hatch any moment now, most refits took 6 weeks if i recall correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                      Nope, so far its been 1 aircraft at a time. Seems like with the A350s arriving they finally can give the 77Ws the attention needed. SWD should hatch any moment now, most refits took 6 weeks if i recall correctly.
                      I think they have done multiple at one?

Comment

I think they have done multiple at one?
                        Perhaps once there was a bit of overlap but generally it's been one by one

Comment

• SilverKrisSRG has posted the following update in "SQ636" and I thought it would make sense to reference the information as per Feb 2017 here as well. I have updated SWD and reflected as successfully 'hatched'. So only 8 aircraft left to be refurbished.

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 27
                          Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWF
                          - 9V-SWG
                          - 9V-SWH
                          - 9V-SWI
                          - 9V-SWQ
                          - 9V-SWR
                          - 9V-SWS
                          - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
                          - 9V-SWV
                          - 9V-SWW
                          - 9V-SWY
                          - 9V-SWZ
                          - 9V-SNA

Seating 3: 4F/48J/28S/184Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWA
                          - 9V-SWB
                          - 9V-SWD
                          - 9V-SWE
                          - 9V-SWJ
                          - 9V-SWK
                          - 9V-SWL
                          - 9V-SWM
                          - 9V-SWN
                          - 9V-SWO
                          - 9V-SWP
                          - 9V-SNB
                          - 9V-SNC

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if at some point they begin to work on the 77WN set before finishing with the original 77Ws.

If their aim is for all 27 craft to have an identical configuration, then there are about 5 rows of Y seating in each 77WN that could be transferred, which would be enough to fill at least one of the originals, otherwise they'll end up with well over 200 spares.

The 77WNs also contain an extra row of F, totalling 24 2013 F seats, some of which have only seen a couple of years' service, although relocating Row 2 units into Row 1 might not work. I guess spare components wouldn't go astray once they begin to get worn across the fleet.

Comment

• Maybe an old 772 will live to see the 2013 seats inside it? Heh.

Comment

• Interesting that F and G have not flown for a while too. The 359 must have given the 77W fleet quite some slack.

Comment

Working...
                                X