No announcement yet.

SQ - Potential 787-10 Launch Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel it's plausible that the 787-10X may be introduced into the SIA fleet to replace the leased A333 aircrafts as leases are set to expire 5/6 years after next year's EIS which coincides with the introduction of the A350.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      What I'm more interested in is what replaces A345!
      +1

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      I miss zvezda!!
      HUGE AL

Comment

Singapore Airlines will receive the first 787-10 in May 2018.

http://nyc787.blogspot.sg/2016/10/si...first-787.html

According to sources, Singapore Airlines will receive the first 787-10 in May 2018. The aircraft in question is ZC001 (LN 622) which is the fourth 787-10 that will be built in Charleston.

If the variable number block holds true then Singapore Airlines should also receive the 1st and 3rd 787-10 flight test aircraft, the first of which will start final assembly in December. The delivery dates of the first two flight test aircraft have changed as noted below:

ZC001 delivery date moved from 7/18/2018 to 10/10/2018
        ZC036 delivery date moved from 8/1/2018 to 12/17/2018

ZC002 delivery date is still listed as August 2018

This means that Singapore Airlines should receive the first three 787-10 to be delivered in 2018 and Boeing should make 15-17 787-10 deliveries in 2018. I still don't know to whom ZC036 (LN 565) will be delivered.

Comment

Exciting times!
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I can't see sq taking the test AC. Its not something they do usually.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              I can't see sq taking the test AC. Its not something they do usually.
              Same here... unless they're really in a hurry for new planes

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Same here... unless they're really in a hurry for new planes
                Or they're getting a really, really good deal. But still I can't imagine SQ willing to take delivery of a test aircraft for cheap.

Comment

I hope SQ avoids a 3-3-3 layout in Y, and instead offers 2-4-2 like JL.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                    You'd hope that. Just like 3-3-3 with the 777, SQ needs to differentiate themselves from a wide field of airlines on offer to customers, many of whom will pay a bit more for Y if they perceive the experience to be superior. I have no interest in PEY, but quite prepared to pay more for SQ Y than save a bit and have a cramped flight on a lesser airline.

Are these craft the ones designated to essentially replace the A330s? If so, you would hope that the lower fuel costs for the same number of passengers would let them keep 2-4-2 maybe?

Comment

A lot depends on whether SQ wants to further differentiate its short/mid-haul from its longhaul Y product. They haven't done that before to my knowledge, so we could see the return of 2-4-2 in Y to the Dreamliner. I would hate to see 3-3-3, because then it means that flying ME3 to Australia would be the preferred choice. That may be the thing that keeps 2-4-2 on the Dreamliner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                        Or they're getting a really, really good deal. But still I can't imagine SQ willing to take delivery of a test aircraft for cheap.
                        I agree that normally SQ do not seem to like the test aircraft. I wonder if this is different because it is only a variant of an existing aircraft. I can't say I know too much about it but I would guess that the flight test would not be the same as for a brand new aircraft.

Comment

Perhaps Boeing offered SQ an irresistible deal for the test aircraft, since they seem to have some difficulties getting rid of them eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                            Perhaps Boeing offered SQ an irresistible deal for the test aircraft, since they seem to have some difficulties getting rid of them eventually.
                            I should imagine they got an irresistible deal for those early A380's they are sending back.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                              I believe Qantas is going 3-3-3 on their 787 and so is all other airlines excep JAL and 1 ANA bird. So it'll be really interesting to see how SQ configures.

But I'd reckon SQ will be using the 787 on regional routes so this trends on the denser side.

Comment

If SQ goes 2-4-2, it will defeat the point of achieving economics with the plane.

Comment

Working...
                                X