No announcement yet.

Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay that is an odd one. Would be quite unwelcome to have to call the contact center for a seat assignment (and wait 25-30mins in a queue). I agree that it used to work with LM bookings via the (previous) SQ website version as long as the eticket was issued. MAybe give it a few days and try again, trial and error, one is quite used to that with the website these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by mingster View Post
      Hmm.. Still no go. App says server problems. New website says it was issued by a partner airline and I need to get in touch with them or the source of the booking. Come to think of it, I think I was able to do it on the old website but I guess there's no way of going back now.
      Definitely ticketed though as I received the emails from Avianca and can see the ticket numbers on checkmytrip.com
      SQ should easily be able to find your PNR based on your name and flight number. The more difficult route would be to call LifeMiles, but that shouldn't take too long either.

IN OTHER NEWS: Mixed cabins are now showing up on online redemptions.
      Last edited by HUGE AL; 20 January 2016, 03:34 PM.
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Okay, it seems like LM released some updates to the online booking engine and from what it appears, in addition to some of the older tricks being back and working again, one can now see mixed cabin options. No joke
        Last edited by demue; 21 January 2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Mixed class bookings?! Never thought I'd live to see the day!

Comment

• Well mixed class can offer very sneaky options though. While overall opening new opportunities, one has to be very careful with the mixed cabin one. It seems to price the award based on the highest cabin in the itinerary / booking even if only one segment is in that cabin. I saw one extreme case for a SFO - SIN search that offered SFO-LAX(UA F)-NRT( NH Y)-SIN(NH Y) and asked for 99K miles as a First redemption. Buhhhhh It does have a message pop-up though reminding one that the itinerary gets priced based on highest cabin, one just has to check every sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
              It seems to price the award based on the highest cabin in the itinerary / booking even if only one segment is in that cabin.
              Well, that's the case with every other program that allows mixed class bookings. Nothing unusual here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                Well, that's the case with every other program that allows mixed class bookings. Nothing unusual here.
                The recently deceased BMI Diamond Club (God rest its' soul, dearly missed, never forgotten) charged according to the Longest leg, not the highest class.

MEL-SIN F, SIN-LHR in J was charged in J.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  The recently deceased BMI Diamond Club (God rest its' soul, dearly missed, never forgotten) charged according to the Longest leg, not the highest class.

Yeah that was handy on mel-bkk-hkg or tokyo with bkk-hkg or tyo in F too.
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    Well yes (aside from the sorely missed BD program), but to pay F miles on a North America to SE Asia just because a SFO-LAX leg is in F and the rest of the 10,000mls journey and two segments in Y is a tough one. One has to watch out.

Comment

Well yes (aside from the sorely missed BD program), but to pay F miles on a North America to SE Asia just because a SFO-LAX leg is in F and the rest of the 10,000mls journey and two segments in Y is a tough one. One has to watch out.
                      I thought UA domestic awards on 2 class routes book into I class these days (business )
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Recently deceased? You are living in a world where SQ is still flying 747 SkySuites (God rests its soul, dearly missed, never forgotten).

The new mixed class awards on Lifemiles are fantastic - if you think Lufthansa First Class and SQ flying in Biz, it's just 60,000 Lifemiles!

Comment

• Sure there are those options for the discerning redeemer . I do echo that the option to have mixed cabin bookings is good, no question. Just one needs to be more careful now when evaluating what is offered. At least now there are options like domestic flights in Japan where no J or F is offered on NH. Or getting F class with J feeder options in Europe or Asia.

Comment

Sure there are those options for the discerning redeemer . I do echo that the option to have mixed cabin bookings is good, no question. Just one needs to be more careful now when evaluating what is offered. At least now there are options like domestic flights in Japan where no J or F is offered on NH. Or getting F class with J feeder options in Europe or Asia.
                            Agreed. The search engine appears more confused nowadays…and may lead us to having to phone in reservations to get them to stick.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                            X