Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICN and GMP connection time?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of changing my SIN to ICN flight to be SIN - ICN - CJU (Jeju) instead. With this, apparently, it means I have to fly to ICN first, before hopping over to GMP to do my transit flight.

Anyone knows roughly how long should I cater between the 2 airports for a safe connection? I'm flying SQ to ICN and Asiana from GMP to CJU. Thanks in advance!
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Originally posted by inix View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of changing my SIN to ICN flight to be SIN - ICN - CJU (Jeju) instead. With this, apparently, it means I have to fly to ICN first, before hopping over to GMP to do my transit flight.

Anyone knows roughly how long should I cater between the 2 airports for a safe connection? I'm flying SQ to ICN and Asiana from GMP to CJU. Thanks in advance!
    I feel for you...

Kind of incredible that Seoul Inch'eon (being the mega aeropolis it is) has so little connection possibilities to CJU (and domestic intra-Korea as well). The only airline flying ICN to CJU is Asiana, with schedules so erratic like 2x daily (321 | 767) and some days without flights. Anyways, why not check them out, and possibly save yourself the trouble of having to go through GMP. Their timings for September look really horrible though, with a 1x weekly early morning flight (day 7) and the rest being during the late-evening.

If you really want to do it the GMP way, you can take one of the many limousine buses that stop at GMP airport. A more pain-free and easier method might also be taking the KORAIL Airport Express from ICN to GMP. Check-in time at GMP? It's the standard 1hr ~ 1hr30min. The train takes about 30 minutes to GMP from ICN station.

Having said all this, I think I might also need some help from the S.Korea-based SQTalkers. I might also be going back to South Korea late Sept - mid Oct this year and one sector I am considering is KE's CJU —› WJU one-way, to get back to my place in Wonju. Heard it is a daily 738 but I'm having problems booking on the KE website... Could anyone confirm the 738 on the CJU —› WJU sector for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
      Having said all this, I think I might also need some help from the S.Korea-based SQTalkers. I might also be going back to South Korea late Sept - mid Oct this year and one sector I am considering is KE's CJU —› WJU one-way, to get back to my place in Wonju. Heard it is a daily 738 but I'm having problems booking on the KE website... Could anyone confirm the 738 on the CJU —› WJU sector for me?
      Can confirm that KE booking engine shows KE1852 going from CJU to WJU, departing at 1305 and arriving at 1410. It shows '737' on KE website but says 738 on Expertflyer so I'd imagine it is a 738.

Comment

Thanks Fryderyk HPH. I had a look at the schedules and it is not possible for me to be doing ICN direct since there is no connection on that day. Sigh...

Since we're at the topic, I presume that the checked luggage from Singapore should also arrive in Jeju directly, or do I need to actually collect it at ICN before checking in again at GMP?
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Comment

inix: There are only very limited cases where luggage connection is offered between GMP and ICN, and your case is very unlikely to be it.

The only times I've seen it offered is when connecting from a domestic flight that arrives in GMP to an international flight that departs at ICN, and even then, only when connecting within either KE or OZ. Otherwise, you always have to pick up luggage and carry it to the other airport, then check it in again.

Comment

Yes, the whole ICN/GMP situation, with the lack of domestic flights from ICN has baffled me for years. I've moaned about it before....

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8239
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 22 August 2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Since we're at the topic, I presume that the checked luggage from Singapore should also arrive in Jeju directly, or do I need to actually collect it at ICN before checking in again at GMP?

You'll definitely need to get your case, coming off a SQ flight.

Immigration and getting your bags could take a half an hour. Walk outside (with KRW6,000-6,500) and get a shuttle bus to Gimpo. They leave every few minutes and take ~40min.

With priority baggage off SQ I've managed to reach Gimpo 45min after touchdown at ICN but that ALL things going right, like clockwork. I think if you budget to do the transfer in about an hour and a quarter you won't be too far away.

The booking agents take into account about 3hrs (I think) so it could be they won't issue straight through tickets with a connection time shorter than that but when you get to Gimpo the airline can stick you on an earlier schedule if you make it about 15-20min before departure......the good thing about these shuttle flights is they treat them like buses.

Comment

Thanks Fryderyk HPH. I had a look at the schedules and it is not possible for me to be doing ICN direct since there is no connection on that day. Sigh...

I don't know about that, but I personally recommend you to check in SIN -› ICN and GMP -› CJU separately.

Comment

Thanks all for the advise so far. As this is my 1st trip to Korea, all comments here have been especially helpful.

As we're a party of 6 (5 Adults + 1 infant), would taking a maxicab be more effective to GMP? is there such a thing in the 1st place? Or maybe I should just stick to the bus / train?
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

Comment

Thanks all for the advise so far. As this is my 1st trip to Korea, all comments here have been especially helpful.

As we're a party of 6 (5 Adults + 1 infant), would taking a maxicab be more effective to GMP? is there such a thing in the 1st place? Or maybe I should just stick to the bus / train?
                    Just recently we had a cabbie/driver offer to take the two of us in a semi-van like vehicle that could have taken 5 adults/1 infant from ICN into Seoul. I think they'd have had no problems taking us to Gimpo either.

Comment

Working...
                    X