No announcement yet.

GA: SIN-CGK-SYD-CGK-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is impressive is that all the GA short haul flights have in flight entertainment. Something that even MI has not yet sprung for! GA's definitely become a much more interesting option for flights to Indonesia.

Great trip report!

Comment

@UMD: can't agree more with you. Let's just hope that GA spans their wings soon to MES

@coffeeblack: MI is a joke now if compared to other regional carriers. Expensive tickets, so-so service, horrible inflight meals...and no IFE.

Comment

Yet another reminder that GA is indeed rising to challenge MH/SQ/TG

I *think* Qatar offers a glass of water and candy before takeoff. Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Most eye opening trip reportation! I think the onboard immigration service is just genius!

Comment

even the new MH own new 738s have individual seats PTV - MI should start catching up now.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              even the new MH own new 738s have individual seats PTV - MI should start catching up now.
              But I think only selective lots of MH's 738 come with PTV, not all. I may be wrong...can someone verify this for me?

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post
                But I think only selective lots of MH's 738 come with PTV, not all. I may be wrong...can someone verify this for me?
                Yes, only the new MX- series 738s (Easily identified by the new livery)

Comment

Extremely detailed and impressive report! Thanks.

As they're up for privatisation it is lovely to hear they've lifted their standards and lets hope it's a success. Maybe next time to Indonesia.....

Comment

Nice one! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post

A rather "senior" set of crew will be on duty in this flight

...TO BE CONTINUED
                      I'm curious... do they change footwear during takeoff and landing? I noticed they are wearing open-toe heels!

Comment

Originally posted by Dobson73 View Post
                        Extremely detailed and impressive report! Thanks.

As they're up for privatisation it is lovely to hear they've lifted their standards and lets hope it's a success. Maybe next time to Indonesia.....
                        Thanks for reading too. Yes, do try them and you'll be amazed at the service

@hsf: you're welcome

@fuu99: unlike SQ, this is the only pair of shoes they wear throughout the entire journey.

Comment

What is their safety like these days? I'm still dubious, a fresh coat of paint doesn't make a great airline.

Comment

Originally posted by ozdude View Post
                            What is their safety like these days? I'm still dubious, a fresh coat of paint doesn't make a great airline.
                            Well, i'd rephrase the above sentence to: "a fresh coat of paint OVER NEW PLANES". Garuda has certainly improved their safety record and with the improvements they've made both on the ground and in the sky, they truly deserve the award of "world's most improved airlines 2010" by Skytrax.

Comment

Saw this link. Garuda has upped its game in Business! Cool Indonesian ricetable service with main course plated aka old first class style in front of you!

http://www.indoflyer.net/forum/tm.asp?m=552971
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Not only that, now the Y class service between SIN-CGK comes with a choice of meals too

Comment

Working...
                                X