Hilton London Hyde Park - Refurbishment Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton London Hyde Park - Refurbishment Complete

The Hilton London Hyde Park is located in a great location in Bayswater, close to 2 tube stations, and right across the street from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.

The hotel rooms are quite small, and there isn't a gym. But it has recently been fully refurbished, and while the rooms are still small, I find the rooms very pleasant to stay in.

The new lobby...

A double room...

They also have single rooms, which are tiny, but similarly decorated. I personally find the single rooms fine when I am travelling alone.

The bathroom (My room had a shower only - no tub)...

There is no gym, but who needs one when there is a beautiful park just across the street.

There is a new restaurant in the hotel, Aubaine...

Only one restaurant on the premises, but just step outside onto Queensway round the corner, and you have a huge selection of different international and ethnic restaurants, including several wonderful Chinese restaurants.

One of my favourite hotels in London...even better now that it has been fully refurbished.

Comment

Thanks, yflyer. Used to stay there about 10 years ago. Very convenient to the Queensway Tube Station and restaurants at Queensway and Nottinghill area. Also just a short 5-10min taxi to the Heathrow Express at Paddington.

Comment

hmmmm.... a short walk to Goldmine and Four Seasons..
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Thanks, yflyer. Used to stay there about 10 years ago. Very convenient to the Queensway Tube Station and restaurants at Queensway and Nottinghill area. Also just a short 5-10min taxi to the Heathrow Express at Paddington.
          These days, I don't even take the taxi to Paddington...I just lug my rollerboard along Queensway to Bayswater station and take the tube there to catch the Heathrow Express!

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          hmmmm.... a short walk to Goldmine and Four Seasons..
          I heard from a wonderful SQ cabin crew member that Goldmine and Four Seasons are great! Haven't tried those yet...have only tried Kam Tong and Royal China, also within walking distance.
          Last edited by yflyer; 20 February 2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            These days, I don't even take the taxi to Paddington...I just lug my rollerboard along Queensway to Bayswater station and take the tube there to catch the Heathrow Express!
            Hats off to you, yflyer! You're a superstar employee for any budget conscious company!

On my first trip to London, back in the days when the Express wasn't even envisioned and when I was similarly budget conscious, I took the Piccadilly Line to the City from LHR, with my large and heavy luggage, during the morning peak hour. After that I swore I'll not take the Tube with my luggage unless there're absolutely no alternatives.
            Last edited by CarbonMan; 21 February 2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

I heard from a wonderful SQ cabin crew member that Goldmine and Four Seasons are great! Haven't tried those yet...have only tried Kam Tong and Royal China, also within walking distance.
              Well, from Bayswater you can take the line to Earl's Court and change to the Piccadilly Line direct to Heathrow, no need for HEX and cheaper too...
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Hats off to you, yflyer! You're a superstar employee for any budget conscious company!
                London black cabs are the best taxis in the world. But scary expensive!
                On my first trip to London, back in the days when the Express wasn't even envisioned and when I was similarly budget conscious, I took the Piccadilly Line to the City from LHR, with my large and heavy luggage, during the morning peak hour. After that I swore I'll not take the Tube with my luggage unless there're absolutely no alternatives.
                I have no issue walking fairly long distances along the pavement with my luggage. My rollaboard feels like an extension of my left arm...

Tube at rush hour is no fun. But ironically at rush hour, Google Maps usually tells me that the tube is faster than taxi in London!

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                Well, from Bayswater you can take the line to Earl's Court and change to the Piccadilly Line direct to Heathrow, no need for HEX and cheaper too...
                A lot of tube stops, leh. I like the comfortable HEX cabins with free wifi.

Comment

Working...
                X