No announcement yet.

How many DSLR users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only problem is Instagram is digital... and the Sofort isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      The only problem is Instagram is digital... and the Sofort isn't.
      You've caught me. I admit that I only based my views on looking at the display pics without actually searching up what this camera actually does. Ooops!

Now that I've looked further at the product, I'm even more bemused and I agree with yflyer- who are they marketing this product to?

Having trained on analogue, spent literally hours processing film, prints and transparencies, built pinhole cameras, read manuals and guides for hours on how to calculate the effects of light and put so much time and effort into planning for, budgeting for and purchasing hard consumables, I haven't the faintest desire to ever go back.

It will never be like the days when kiosks and souvenir shops stocked Polaroid blanks, so planning ahead will be key, and now that so much sharing with others is done electronically, people will have to end up taking a photo of their photo for others to see it and to preserve the image as instant prints aren't known for the archival qualities. Given that everyone has a decent camera in their pocket these days, this is redundant.

I get the idea of the fun and the tangible and the romantic notions of the past, but it's a very expensive toy for what it does, the consumables will also cost dearly and have to be ordered, and I predict a lot of these will languish in drawers while their owners go back to their smartphones for convenience.

Comment

Working...
      X