SQ poised to choose Boeing for next massive order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
    Australia has rather more Chinese than Indians (racially) though...
    That's certainly true of today, but immigration from the sub-continent is rapidly increasing. The other thing to consider is that SQ won't win a war with all the emerging Chinese airlines who fly direct to Australian cities, and the Chinese government is never going to let them establish the equivalent of Vistara.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
      Just spoke to someone on condition of anonymity in the company,the aggressive orders are in part in tandem with SQ's strategy to focus on both the Indian and Australia Sub-continent. SQ wants to protect this niche market by covering all cities and providing seamless connections to key destinations worldwide. Makes sense now that I have been "enlightened". In both India and Australia,there is a lack of a local premium carrier capable of providing such connections and SQ's main competition which is the ME3 are ramping up their fleet and SQ cannot slack behind. So better planes and the most cutting edge products to fight the competition. So looking forward to the new arrivals!
      Brave move, honestly. But to my observation, the premium demand on the India routes seems, not to grow really (BOM capacity was reduced 2 years back). As a regular flyer in/out India, my observation is that the loads vary quite a bit. Except of BLR, BOM at times, i hardly near 100%, often around 50% only. Considering that the recent expansion involves rather Scoot than SQ, the group might push more LCC capacity onto India-SIN-OZ. An not really focus on premium demand.
      In China we have seen a similar development, SQ focuses on the three (four) biggest cities with premium demand, but pushes the expansion to Silkair and Scoot.
      With that background i see some of the 787s ending up with Scoot.

Comment

I believe the group wish to serve BOM-MAN either with Vistara or with Scoot running SIN-BOM-MAN. This would seem to fit with the subcontinental strategy.

Comment

Is anyone able to confirm the "Regional" seating configurations for the A350 and B787-10?

Comment

post deleted
            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Will we see a replacement of the 747 cargo fleet soon? Would love to see the 747-8F in SIA colours.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                This positions SQ (and Singapore Inc) alongside the US. If there was to be an escalation of trade tensions between the US and China, I wonder if China would start trying to apply muscle to those in the region that are buying US products, in response to sanctions that President Trump seems likely to bring against China.
                He doesn't seem to like Boeing either because their planes are too expensive according to him. Yet he doesn't want to trade with China who produce goods at the kind of price he likes. We'll see how real he is once he can manage to draft an economic policy no more than 140 characters in length.

I wouldn't be surprised if China's response is to just build copies of 737s and remind him that they don't need him as much as they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised if China's response is to just build copies of 737s and remind him that they don't need him as much as they used to.
                  Wouldn't that be the Comac C919?

Comment

Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
                    Will we see a replacement of the 747 cargo fleet soon? Would love to see the 747-8F in SIA colours.
                    Unlikely in the near future. SIA Cargo is in fact trying to shrink their fleet to reduce overhead costs in light of diminishing revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by SQA350 View Post
                      Is anyone able to confirm the "Regional" seating configurations for the A350 and B787-10?
                      The A350 regional configuration will mostly likely follow the A330, that is J and Y. The 787-10 might have F as well, like the 773, for regional routes with premium demand.

Very unlikely to see S in the regional fleet though.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                        The A350 regional configuration will mostly likely follow the A330, that is J and Y. The 787-10 might have F as well, like the 773, for regional routes with premium demand.

Very unlikely to see S in the regional fleet though.
                        I guess CGK will definitely see at least one daily flight allocated to a 787-10, and very likely at least another.

Also, will the regional J layout on the A350 be 2-2-2, or would it be 1-2-1 like on the present fleet?

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                          I guess CGK will definitely see at least one daily flight allocated to a 787-10, and very likely at least another.

Also, will the regional J layout on the A350 be 2-2-2, or would it be 1-2-1 like on the present fleet?
                          This thread and the article linked inside might help..

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post

I think the regional J on the A350 will be similar to the A330, with 2-2-2 configuration, but a newly designed seat (lie flat perhaps? )

Comment

Working...
                            X