Seat Selection on Dummy Booking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Selection on Dummy Booking

I just noticed that no longer we can make 'Seat Selection' on a dummy booking onm www.singaporeair.com.

We used to be able to select seat before making a payment, so we could see the seat config (whether it is 1-2-1 or 2-2-2), and even saw the available seats / load factor on a specific flight before we made a decision to book.

The 'Seat Selection' used to be available prior making a payment, but now it seems SIA changed the procedure, we can make 'Seat Selection' only after a payment is made.

Hm, strange. It still works for me.
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Were you both using the full website or from a different device or app?

Comment

Thanks SQavgeek, I tried again and it worked fine, prolly just a technical problem when I tried last week.

Moderator: this thread may be deleted. Thanks

Comment

Expedia (USA), Orbitz OTA can view seat map when you do a flight search, not the best, but some rough idea on the layout

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
            I just noticed that no longer we can make 'Seat Selection' on a dummy booking onm www.singaporeair.com.

We used to be able to select seat before making a payment, so we could see the seat config (whether it is 1-2-1 or 2-2-2), and even saw the available seats / load factor on a specific flight before we made a decision to book.

The 'Seat Selection' used to be available prior making a payment, but now it seems SIA changed the procedure, we can make 'Seat Selection' only after a payment is made.

ExpertFlyer also gives a good view of seats available. Note that what you see there or on the SQ website is not really a depiction of load factor, as many seats are blocked for operational reasons.
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,
            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
              Note that what you see there or on the SQ website is not really a depiction of load factor, as many seats are blocked for operational reasons.
              This is true though, as evident from the fact that more seats open up when OLCI starts 48 hours before the flight.

Comment

Working...
              X