No announcement yet.

My First SQ A350 Ride: SIN-HND-SIN SQ632/633 in Economy and Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks ycp81, for the TR! Spent a night at the onsen in Yudanaka to visit the Jigokudani Monkey Park. But we went in November when the weather was much milder. We trekked there from Yudanaka, which took an hour plus each way - I don't think I could've done it with that kind of snow.

Comment

Stretched out and relax.

My post-takeoff beverage of green tea was served.

This was followed by the signature satay service.

I then decided to move over to claim 19G as it was empty. 19D/G offers the most space of all the J seats, and I think of equivalent spaciousness as a F seat. However, there could be some disturbance from the galley ahead (there were whirring sounds from the galley once a while).

Peeking into the galley ahead.

Towards the rear.

Dinner was served about 1hr into the flight. I went for the international selection. Appetiser platter and breads were served. The starter was not too exciting, and the breads were quite dry and tough.

For the main, I went for the salmon as I wanted something lighter. It was a bit dry but passable, and definitely not the best salmon dish I had onboard a plane.

My friend had ordered the Hanakoreiki selection, which looked and tasted better.

Yuzu mousse cake dessert. Was interigued by the "droplets" on top of the cake. It was light and creamy, very good!

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Vanilla ice-cream, which, unusually, was served rock hard. Had to wait for some time for it to soften.

While waiting for the ice cream to soften, I started on the cheeses and fruits. Pralines were also offered by a crew following behind the cheese/fruit cart even before coffee/tea orders were taken. To be honest, meal service felt a bit uncoordinated and rushed on this flight even though there was plenty of time to complete the service. It seems that a couple of crew were also sent from Y to help out in J (economy was not full it seems) as I counted at least 6 cabin crew, which might have contributed to the "rush". Some of the stewardesses in J seemed very junior and lacked the personality and touch of the senior crew. Overall, service was very average by SQ standards, though they did get the job done and requests fulfilled.

Earl grey tea to end.

Folded down my seat to a bed and spent the rest of the flight in bed. With the full length and width bed in 19G, no other Business class seat comes close!

Spent the rest of the flight watching movies and taking a nap, and we were soon approaching SIN. Cabin lights turned on the bed was converted back to a seat.

Went back to 20K for the landing. Our flight routing.

Approaching Changi.

Landing on Rwy02L right on schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4yo9KOGWP4

Overall, this was a very average flight on SQ. Hardware was excellent on the new A350 (go for row 19), but the service and catering was quite unmemorable. However, it was still a sweet way to end a short holiday, so no complaints.

Thanks for reading and your comments are welcomed.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
        X