No announcement yet.

SIA's New A350 XWB: SQ337 DUS-SIN in Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh...so this is the parade I was told about by colleagues from Lahore when I was in Karachi. Seems to be a tourist draw on the India side although it seems more accessible from Pk side judging from google map. Thanks for sharing yflyer. Indeed, it's not visible from outer space, but the visible lights from a plane will make you reckon few things about humanity especially if you know some friends on both side of that fence.

I hope that wasn't too off the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      It was soon time for meal service. The new IFE allows the cabin crew to broadcast text messages to passengers on their IFE screens...

A choice of 3 main courses...

...and breakfast prior to our 6.15am scheduled arrival.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Breakfast was served 2+ hours prior to landing...

I chose the beef noodle selection, and was not disappointed.

This was a very tasty dish, with the noodles and beef slices still steaming hot, and none of the refrigerated/reheated taste that you sometimes get with airline food.
      Great trip report! Interestingly enough I had the exact same entree choices on SQ25 FRA-SIN two weeks ago (and FWIW these were also the same on SQ25 in November as well - was only on the JFK-FRA leg then but the menu shows both sectors, also SQ needs to rotate their menus more):

Seems like all ex-Germany flights get the same food; however FRA-SIN gets ice cream but DUS-SIN doesn't

I had the fish and it was really good (also full-size trays on the A380, yay):

The portion was huge (the fish filled the entire tray, and there were a ton of vegetables as well) and the curry was actually pretty spicy for a change. Would definitely recommend.

I also got the noodles for breakfast:

Presentation looks better than the one you had ex-DUS, but my noodles were quite dry and the beef was tough/chewy in places (although I think my standards were too high, especially given the quality of lunch haha). Appreciated the vegetables and chilli though, and still one of the better airplane breakfasts I've had. Some pax around me had the egg roll and it looked quite dismal, so noodles are definitely the way to go.

Overall though SQ catering is one of the best there is in Y and I was not disappointed (and this wasn't even ex-SIN).

Comment

Well, I suppose the caterer for all of the Germany airports for SQ are all the same, i.e. all by LSG Sky Chefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph Man View Post
          Ahh...so this is the parade I was told about by colleagues from Lahore when I was in Karachi. Seems to be a tourist draw on the India side although it seems more accessible from Pk side judging from google map. Thanks for sharing yflyer. Indeed, it's not visible from outer space, but the visible lights from a plane will make you reckon few things about humanity especially if you know some friends on both side of that fence.

I hope that wasn't too off the topic.
          Not off topic at all! Yes, I have friends and colleagues on both sides of the LOC too. All have their opinions. On a professional basis we all get on well.

Originally posted by truncated View Post
          Great trip report! Interestingly enough I had the exact same entree choices on SQ25 FRA-SIN two weeks ago (and FWIW these were also the same on SQ25 in November as well - was only on the JFK-FRA leg then but the menu shows both sectors, also SQ needs to rotate their menus more):

...snip...
          Overall though SQ catering is one of the best there is in Y and I was not disappointed (and this wasn't even ex-SIN).
          Thanks, truncated! Yes, agree SQ Y catering is very good overall!

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
          Well, I suppose the caterer for all of the Germany airports for SQ are all the same, i.e. all by LSG Sky Chefs.
          Which makes perfect sense...no reason to have different caterers for each station in Germany, is there...

Comment

Working...
          X