Free Broadband: Hotel/Hotel Chain List: Please report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    * That's a lie actually as I have a couple of non-refundable January Sale bookings in the next couple of months ...
    HUGE AL

Comment

Courtyard by Marriott

Courtyard by Marriott: Come out and stay for business or leisure travel

Take advantage of attractive indoor and outdoor areas at Courtyard business hotels
      Rest easy in our spacious rooms featuring sumptuous bedding and functional work spaces
      Check in wherever your travels take you. There are now 800 Courtyard business hotels worldwide. They’re also ideal for leisure and weekend travel
      Feel free to roam about and enjoy free Wifi* at all Courtyard business hotels
      After work, take a refreshing dip in the pool or work out in the fitness center at Courtyard business hotels
      Enjoy a snack or beverage anytime of the day at the 24/7 Market

* Free Wifi only available at hotels in North and Central America.
      I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
        Feel free to roam about and enjoy free Wifi* at all Courtyard business hotels
        * Free Wifi only available at hotels in North and Central America.

That's almost like saying : Free Singapore Airlines tickets

-Free tickets not available in Suites*, First, New First, Business, New Business*, Regional Business, Executive Economy or Economy Class*.
        *Exclusively aboard our new A380

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          And yet... Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is charging SGD 33 per 24 hours for internet!
          Got an emailed reply to my comment card from GM of the property today :

The Hotel internet service is operated by a third party, however we have just re-negotiated with them to reduce the cost of a day from $33.00 to $25.00; whilst I appreciate that this is still above the Hyatt unfortunately the Hotel is not in control of this pricing.

Comment

I would file that under "To Not Consider In Future"

Comment

it always blows my mind that the "cheaper" hotels (i.e., Sheratons and Four Points) can give away their internet to users for free, but the "high-end" hotels (i.e., W, St. Regis and Le Meridien) have to charge for theirs. one would rationally think that by spending more money, one would get more benefits for the extra cost. yet i just stayed at the sheraton towers in boston and received comp internet access, but am now at the W New York, where they charge everyone. must be a "more exclusive" internet access.

Comment

Thumbs up to the Le Merdien Kuala Lumpur Sentral for providing complimentary wi-fi Internet in the lobby.

The in-room prices were terrible, however. But by virtue of free-lobby access, I will be returning in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                  it always blows my mind that the "cheaper" hotels (i.e., Sheratons and Four Points) can give away their internet to users for free, but the "high-end" hotels (i.e., W, St. Regis and Le Meridien) have to charge for theirs. one would rationally think that by spending more money, one would get more benefits for the extra cost. yet i just stayed at the sheraton towers in boston and received comp internet access, but am now at the W New York, where they charge everyone. must be a "more exclusive" internet access.
                  Microeconomics. Capturing the consumer surplus.

Comment

Hyatt to Become First to Give VIPs Free Wifi

http://content.usatoday.com/communit.../04/64959071/1

Well done Hyatt!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      From that link (at the bottom):

"The one thing we found in speaking with customers," he said, "is that no one wants to be nickel and dimed."

How true!

But "loyal customers drive your business," Zidell says. "It's not a cost. It's an investment." (referring to providing the free wifi service)
                      Hear, hear!

'Tis a pity most companies are only learning to pay attention after the damage has been done...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        'Tis a pity most companies are only learning to pay attention after the damage has been done...
                        And do keep in mind that this does include Hyatt as well...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Free wired Internet at the W Maldives! Free unlimited ice cream and soft drinks too!

Actually, I don't think free Internet is a good thing if in the middle of nowhere with a slow connection to the outside world (such as an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean). I was getting sub-broadband speeds so that a work e-mail (with attachments) which I needed to send out asap and which I could send in about a minute from elsewhere took more than an hour of stress (with repeated failures and attempts)!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            Actually, I don't think free Internet is a good thing if in the middle of nowhere with a slow connection to the outside world (such as an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean). I was getting sub-broadband speeds so that a work e-mail (with attachments) which I needed to send out asap and which I could send in about a minute from elsewhere took more than an hour of stress (with repeated failures and attempts)!
                            You shouldn't be doing work in such a beautiful place!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

InterContinental now offers free internet to its Ambassador (and Royal Ambassador) members at select properties.

Comment

Greetings from the Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, Le Royal Club lounge (yes, that's really the proper name, with 2x "Royals").

On a totally negative report, this hotel doesn't even have free Wi-Fi in the Club lounge, let alone the room!!! Was told I could pay RMB100 for 8 hours!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X