SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > KrisFlyer & PPS Club

Old 7th April 2008, 08:18 PM   #1
jhm
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Default Changes to PPS - 1 year later ...

... and I was wondering how those who are (still) PPS (not me) are finding it ?

For QPPs, I know the lounges were jam packed immediately following the change last year but I assume this has been fixed now by the SIN T3 lounges ?

TPPs are still in the dark (or not saying ) about access to the yet to be opened A+ section of the SIN T3 F lounge.

As I understand, J and F loads are still very healthy so clearing waitlists is still difficult.

I've read about a few instances of amazing service (or "God like" to use the hackneyed phrase) but also recent accounts the other way.

Does anyone think - with hindsight - that the PPS changes have been beneficial ?
jhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 09:18 PM   #2
SQflyergirl
SQTalk Founder

Programs: Kali inilah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
Does anyone think - with hindsight - that the PPS changes have been beneficial ?
Oh very beneficial indeed.......

from their point of view of course
SQflyergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 09:08 AM   #3
taipeiflyer
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

truth is, i would not even be trying to requalify for PPS if i hadn't already spent so much money on SQ. I had never even flown them up until about 1.5 years ago. I qualified for PPS in Oct of 2006 and flew 187 sectors before the changes went into effect on Sept 1. By that time, i felt like i had already spent so much money in 9 months, that it was worth it to just spend the additional money and go for Solitaire. If I had substantially less PPS value at the time of the changes, I already would have taken my business elsewhere. As it is, i will go for Solitaire (hopefully qualify within this membership year), and then i will fly SQ only every other year, bouncing between PPS and solitaire. I figure, if they are going to commodify me to their benefit, I, in turn, will do the same. The days of my allegiance to SQ are long gone, and I will strictly use them as a means to an end.
taipeiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 01:28 PM   #4
milehighj
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: I/we live on many planes. But on the last flight that mattered, my seat number was 2A.

I don't perceive that the clearing of waitlists has improved significantly, but it remains a tangible benefit - perhaps the only one. That in itself is a reason to keep my travel spending with SQ, so I am likely to continue requalifying for now.
milehighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Snaffled
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: Sol PPS

Apart from a quieter F lounge in T2, I haven't noticed a blind bit of difference for TPP. Waitlists are essentially unchanged for me and I don't like the lounge in T3.

Last edited by Snaffled; 11th April 2008 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: To make what I wrote actually make sense. Note to self ... lay off the sauce before posting.
Snaffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 11:49 PM   #6
LionCity
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: TPPS, MPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer View Post
truth is, i would not even be trying to requalify for PPS if i hadn't already spent so much money on SQ. I had never even flown them up until about 1.5 years ago. I qualified for PPS in Oct of 2006 and flew 187 sectors before the changes went into effect on Sept 1. By that time, i felt like i had already spent so much money in 9 months, that it was worth it to just spend the additional money and go for Solitaire. If I had substantially less PPS value at the time of the changes, I already would have taken my business elsewhere. As it is, i will go for Solitaire (hopefully qualify within this membership year), and then i will fly SQ only every other year, bouncing between PPS and solitaire. I figure, if they are going to commodify me to their benefit, I, in turn, will do the same. The days of my allegiance to SQ are long gone, and I will strictly use them as a means to an end.
Glad you don't have blind loyalty to SQ. The situation will tilt towards pax like us with the next downturn.
LionCity is offline   Reply With Quote