Changes to PPS - 1 year later ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to PPS - 1 year later ...

... and I was wondering how those who are (still) PPS (not me) are finding it ?

For QPPs, I know the lounges were jam packed immediately following the change last year but I assume this has been fixed now by the SIN T3 lounges ?

TPPs are still in the dark (or not saying ) about access to the yet to be opened A+ section of the SIN T3 F lounge.

As I understand, J and F loads are still very healthy so clearing waitlists is still difficult.

I've read about a few instances of amazing service (or "God like" to use the hackneyed phrase) but also recent accounts the other way.

Does anyone think - with hindsight - that the PPS changes have been beneficial ?

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Does anyone think - with hindsight - that the PPS changes have been beneficial ?
    Oh very beneficial indeed.......

from their point of view of course

Comment

truth is, i would not even be trying to requalify for PPS if i hadn't already spent so much money on SQ. I had never even flown them up until about 1.5 years ago. I qualified for PPS in Oct of 2006 and flew 187 sectors before the changes went into effect on Sept 1. By that time, i felt like i had already spent so much money in 9 months, that it was worth it to just spend the additional money and go for Solitaire. If I had substantially less PPS value at the time of the changes, I already would have taken my business elsewhere. As it is, i will go for Solitaire (hopefully qualify within this membership year), and then i will fly SQ only every other year, bouncing between PPS and solitaire. I figure, if they are going to commodify me to their benefit, I, in turn, will do the same. The days of my allegiance to SQ are long gone, and I will strictly use them as a means to an end.

Comment

I don't perceive that the clearing of waitlists has improved significantly, but it remains a tangible benefit - perhaps the only one. That in itself is a reason to keep my travel spending with SQ, so I am likely to continue requalifying for now.

Comment

Apart from a quieter F lounge in T2, I haven't noticed a blind bit of difference for TPP. Waitlists are essentially unchanged for me and I don't like the lounge in T3.
          Last edited by Snaffled; 11 April 2008, 08:15 AM. Reason: To make what I wrote actually make sense. Note to self ... lay off the sauce before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            truth is, i would not even be trying to requalify for PPS if i hadn't already spent so much money on SQ. I had never even flown them up until about 1.5 years ago. I qualified for PPS in Oct of 2006 and flew 187 sectors before the changes went into effect on Sept 1. By that time, i felt like i had already spent so much money in 9 months, that it was worth it to just spend the additional money and go for Solitaire. If I had substantially less PPS value at the time of the changes, I already would have taken my business elsewhere. As it is, i will go for Solitaire (hopefully qualify within this membership year), and then i will fly SQ only every other year, bouncing between PPS and solitaire. I figure, if they are going to commodify me to their benefit, I, in turn, will do the same. The days of my allegiance to SQ are long gone, and I will strictly use them as a means to an end.
            Glad you don't have blind loyalty to SQ. The situation will tilt towards pax like us with the next downturn.

Comment

Working...
            X