SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Singapore & Changi Airport

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2012, 06:09 AM   #1
JFKflyer
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 03-Sep-2012
Posts: 2
Default Transit SIN - J to F

Hello all.
My sister will be arriving on SQ461 MLE-SIN which arrives at 10:45PM in J. She is departing on SQ26 from SIN-JFK in F.
She has had several back surgeries in the last year and I'd like to make her transit as easy as possible (especially with such a tight connection). As I have only arrived/departed in SIN before (never transited) I'd love to know if SQ meets transiting F pax with a buggy. If not can it be requested?

Thanks
JFKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:58 AM   #2
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
CarbonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-Jul-2011
Location: Singapore mostly
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKflyer View Post
Hello all.
My sister will be arriving on SQ461 MLE-SIN which arrives at 10:45PM in J. She is departing on SQ26 from SIN-JFK in F.
She has had several back surgeries in the last year and I'd like to make her transit as easy as possible (especially with such a tight connection). As I have only arrived/departed in SIN before (never transited) I'd love to know if SQ meets transiting F pax with a buggy. If not can it be requested?

Thanks
For F, absolutely! Just call them to explain the situation. There isn't really that much time between the flights but it may be worth the hassle to get her to the lounge before boarding SQ26.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:12 AM   #3
JFKflyer
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 03-Sep-2012
Posts: 2
Default

I'd just be happy if they took her to her gate (and it sounds like they will do that for her).

What number in the US should I call?
JFKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:44 AM   #4
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
CarbonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-Jul-2011
Location: Singapore mostly
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKflyer View Post
I'd just be happy if they took her to her gate (and it sounds like they will do that for her).

What number in the US should I call?
Go to this webpage for a list of all the phone numbers you need.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/contact-us/

If you booked the tickets via a travel agent, they can also assist you with the arrangements. When checking-in at MLE, remind them of the requirement, so that it doesn't drop thru the cracks.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:39 PM   #5
HUGE AL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
HUGE AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2007
Location: LAX
Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
When checking-in at MLE, remind them of the requirement, so that it doesn't drop thru the cracks.
I would also let the LSS/FA know the situation once onboard just to be sure.
__________________
HUGE AL
HUGE AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Kyo
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Kyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22-May-2008
Location: I left my heart in PEN...
Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, KF*S, MPC Green, SPG Plat, Ex-BA*G, Ex-HH*D, IC RA, Ex-BD55
Posts: 6,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
Go to this webpage for a list of all the phone numbers you need.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/contact-us/

If you booked the tickets via a travel agent, they can also assist you with the arrangements. When checking-in at MLE, remind them of the requirement, so that it doesn't drop thru the cracks.
Exactly - MLE handled that for us when we faced the same thing. They just telex ahead.
Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 01:56 PM   #7
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
CarbonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-Jul-2011
Location: Singapore mostly
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
They just telex ahead.
I presume that you're not being literal here. Or are you ... ?! One can never be sure in some places in the world.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 02:43 PM   #8
Kyo
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Kyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22-May-2008
Location: I left my heart in PEN...
Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, KF*S, MPC Green, SPG Plat, Ex-BA*G, Ex-HH*D, IC RA, Ex-BD55
Posts: 6,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
I presume that you're not being literal here. Or are you ... ?! One can never be sure in some places in the world.
Whoops, they carrier pigeon ahead...
Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transit PVG wanderlust Airport Guides - Asia 8 30th May 2019 02:36 PM
Too tight transit??? crl All About Singapore Airlines 28 23rd February 2011 10:23 PM
SQ352 SIN-CPH transit at FRA? wktan81 All About Singapore Airlines 4 24th December 2010 11:25 PM
MR transit @ SFO with UA Nick C Airport Guides - USA/Canada and Latin America 12 18th May 2010 03:00 PM
Transit in LAX from SQ 12 to AA viraj735 Airport Guides - USA/Canada and Latin America 3 19th April 2010 01:00 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net