Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Paris shops open on public holidays, e.g., New Year's Eve/ New Year Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Paris shops open on public holidays, e.g., New Year's Eve/ New Year Day?

Hi,
    I'll be in Paris on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Just wonder if the shops will be opened on both of these days?

Some are open on NYE til late afternoon. Perhaps you need to ask more specifically? Which shops are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Some are open on NYE til late afternoon. Perhaps you need to ask more specifically? Which shops are you referring to?
      Hmm... Perhaps premium brands shops (eg. LV) located at champ elysse and Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré?

Comment

No, they are all closed. Was there last year on ny, staying just down the street from LV, and was hoping to shop, but had to wait until the 2nd. Have fun in Paris.... Being there for NYE is truly wonderful.

Comment

Whilst we're at it - How about during easter and the run up to easter?

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            No, they are all closed. Was there last year on ny, staying just down the street from LV, and was hoping to shop, but had to wait until the 2nd. Have fun in Paris.... Being there for NYE is truly wonderful.
            oh no... i'll only be there from the 30th dec till 2nd Jan 2010... any recommendations on where to go during NYE and NY?

Comment

Originally posted by sqlover View Post
              oh no... i'll only be there from the 30th dec till 2nd Jan 2010... any recommendations on where to go during NYE and NY?
              You should be able to get in some shopping on NYE. I remember speaking with the girl at Hermes on Jan 2, and she said they had closed at 3pm on nye, to board up the windows for that night, since it is in the heart of NYE partying. We had dinner on new years at the four seasons le cinq. We literally got into paris on nye at 11:30 and got dropped off near champs élysées at 12am on the dot just as the countdown was concluding, and it was a general level of madness. All streets along champs élysées were closed to cars, so we walked about 6 blocks with our luggage to our hotel on george V. Of course, we waited quite awhile before making the trek so that we could partake in some of the merriment and allow the crowds to disperse a little, as it really is packed. Any nice dinner reservations you will want to make you should do well in advance. On new years day, after noticing that all the shops were closed and before our dinner, we mostly just relaxed at the hotel, so I can't really help you much with that.

Comment

ok... thanks everyone for the info provided... guess there's only one place that will be open on New Year's Day... Euro Disney...

Comment

Well, I've heard that some 'royals' make some of the stores open for them much to the disdain of the staff themselves.

A friend who once worked at the Thai Embassy in Paris told me that Hermes was once made to open on New Year's Day for a certain Thai royal!

Comment

Working...
                  X