SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > Hotels and Hotel Programs

Old 18th September 2008, 05:37 PM   #1
KeithMEL
SQTalk Founder

Location: Officially KeithSYD but can't be bothered to change my handle
Default Design Hotels Club - loyalty program of Design Hotels

The DesignHotels folks have launched a loyalty program. Got an email today inviting me to join. I stay at their properties from time to time when I decide to stay out of SPG/HH and their properties are usually v spot on, such as New Majestic in Singapore and the Elysian Villas in Seminyak, Bali both of which I've written reviews about on here.

Anyway, the benes seem pretty good, though it appears to be more a recognition scheme than a rewards program:
Quote:
When you book the Design Hotels Club rate at a participating hotel you will receive at least three from the following guaranteed services:

- Complimentary Breakfast
- Guaranteed Late Check-Out until 4pm
- Early Check-In priority (subject to availability)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Special Welcome Gift

All you need to do is sign up for your personal space at:

www.DesignHotels.com/theClub.

I know someone on here is staying at the Do and Co in VIE soon which also happens to be part of this group.

Last edited by KeithMEL; 18th September 2008 at 05:46 PM..
KeithMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Kyo
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, KF*S, MPC Green, SPG Plat, Ex-BA*G, Ex-HH*D, IC RA, Ex-BD55

Thanks for the heads up, mate...

3 of those will indeed come in handy, only problem is, I didn't book through the Design Hotels website.

No harm inquiring if I still get those benefits when I rock up, though.

Thanks again!
Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 06:17 PM   #3
quik!
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: *G!
Send a message via MSN to quik!

Thanks for the heads-up. Looking at this though, the cost definitely outweighs the benefits offered from the membership.

Am looking to book The Chedi, Phuket but the rates from DesignHotel are definitely not competitive at all. From DesignHotel, the cost for 6D/5N accommodation for Hillside cottage came up to a whopping USD 1682.11, whereas booking from phuket.com/chedi, it's just USD 775 all inclusive ( from Sunday, 19th Oct '08-Friday, 24th Oct '08)
quik! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 06:25 PM   #4
KeithMEL
SQTalk Founder

Location: Officially KeithSYD but can't be bothered to change my handle

Depends on the specific property I guess. I'd usually compare rates on the respective websites. For the ones I've booked (New Majestic, Elysian and one in Prague), the rates were virtually identical.