Le Meridien Saigon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Meridien Saigon

I decided to have a wander up and see where this place was going to be when I had an hour spare while in town last week. I found the totally bare plot next to the Legend Hotel on Ton Duc Thang St where it is going and it had a number of large banners up and in the middle of the plot a red carpet, tent and plastic chairs with signs up stating something was happening 23/02, the following day.

Curiosity got the better of me so I had a wander up on Tuesday and the banners, tent and plastic chairs had all gone and the diggers were already into action, thus proving the ground breaking ceremony had finished.

So, with a scheduled opening date of 1 July 2012 ( ), let's see if Starwood can finally open a Hotel in Vietnam on time.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=3529

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    So, with a scheduled opening date of 1 July 2012 ( ), let's see if Starwood can finally open a Hotel in Vietnam on time.

Website now says :

Opening July 1, 2015
    Only three years late then, that's if they open in July. They should do, as it is built and it now even has a GM. But they have had a number of issues, including a bust up with Starwood over the quality of materials used for certain items. But when one of the shareholders is the daughter of a high ranking member of the Government these things can take time.

Comment

Working...
    X