First Class out of SIN or in to SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Class out of SIN or in to SIN?

My millage is only enough for a First Class (one way) + Business Class (one way).

Is taking First Class out of SIN better or taking First Class in to SIN better?

Will be doing a SIN-FRA-CDG-SIN.

If you don't fly F regularly then I would definitely say Ex-SIN. Even if you do Ex-SIN is better. You get the separate F lounge check-in and TPR access. I can't think of any out station that gets you much worth shouting about if flying F inbound to SIN.

Comment

I think in this situation, we need to get a bit more detail:

Is SIN-FRA F class available in Suites (SQ26) or in F (SQ326) on the date you are looking at. The former is harder to get in Suites. CDG I believe is easier to get.

My priority would be to get into the Suites preferably outbound but inbound is ok too.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.

You are right that it is very difficult to get SIN-FRA F class in Suites (SQ26). Most if not all are Waitlist. Some not available. Will Waitlist work?

Comment

Maybe, maybe not

Comment

I usually prefer traveling on "better" class on the return leg. But if you like to experience the first check-in and TPR access, then take MAN Flyer's suggestion.

Comment

Out of SIN so that you can use the FC check in lounge and TPR. Be sure to allow enough time (get to the airport early) to fully enjoy TPR.

I once checked in the evening before my morning flight, had drinks and a light dinner in TPR, and stayed in the transit hotel. It was much more relaxing that struggling to get up very early to go to the airport.

For the OP's route, isn't SIN to Europe the slower direction, so more time in FC than eastbound? I assume the OP has checked aircraft types and looked for lounge information for CDG here and for arrival lounge information for FRA.

AFAIK even SQ FC passengers cannot use the LH IFT at FRA for departures, only LH HON and those departing (roughly, with some exceptions for FC connecting to a flight that doesn't offer FC) in FC on either LH or LX. You should be sent to the *A lounge closest to the SQ gates at FRA.

Comment

LHR should have better F award opportunity. You may spend 2 more nights in London, take Eurostar down to Paris and back home from FRA.

Comment

Thanks all for your replies.

It seems that most people recommend the FC check in lounge and TPR experience. SQ26 (A380) night flight is all waitlist. May not get it. SQ326 (777-300ER) day flight is available for most dates.

CDG to SIN SQ333 (A380) suites night flight is also mostly available.

The best choice seems to be SQ26 (A380) suites. But it seems difficult.

The next choice will be either outbound SQ326 SQ326 (777-300ER) day flight to enjoy FC check in and TPR experience.

Or SQ333 (A380) suites experience but forgo the FC check in and TPR experience.

Will be travelling with my wife. What will you guys recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by tonylim View Post
                    Thanks all for your replies.

It seems that most people recommend the FC check in lounge and TPR experience. SQ26 (A380) night flight is all waitlist. May not get it. SQ326 (777-300ER) day flight is available for most dates.

CDG to SIN SQ333 (A380) suites night flight is also mostly available.

The best choice seems to be SQ26 (A380) suites. But it seems difficult.

The next choice will be either outbound SQ326 SQ326 (777-300ER) day flight to enjoy FC check in and TPR experience.

Or SQ333 (A380) suites experience but forgo the FC check in and TPR experience.

Will be travelling with my wife. What will you guys recommend?
                    A Suite is a Suite and it's 13 hours in the air.
                    3 hours experience on the ground IMO is not as important as 13 hours in the Suites.

Go with

1. SQ26
                    2. SQ333
                    3. SQ326 in this order.

If ground experience is important and you are using miles for this, then consider booking CDG-SIN-CGK because it's the same number of miles. The surcharge difference is also not a lot. Book SIN-CGK on the last flight with F (320pm flight). When you land in SIN from CDG, go to the TPR for shower and breakfast. When you are satisfied, offload yourself and head home.

You can also book yourself on the next day SQ950 first flight which now seems to regularly use New New F.

Comment

While waiting for my mileage to be posted from credit card to Krisflyer, the availability from CDG-SIN SQ333 (A380) is gone. It started waitlist 2 weeks ago.

Thus, I have put both SIN-FRA SQ26 (A380) and CDG-SIN SQ333 (A380) on waitlist. Sin-FRA SQ326 (777-300ER) day flight remains available.

They have been on waitlist for more than 2 weeks. October is getting nearer. I wonder the chance of getting it.

And while waiting to be confirmed, now I have also gather enough points for two ways first class.

I rarely fly F class. So, I am trying to get the best out of my mileage redemption to hopefully fly the suite class since they use the same mileage.

A380 fly to Paris, Frankfurt, London and Zurich. London and Zurich are not in my itinerary. But if there are with better award availability, should I detour to say Zurich (since it is in between my planned itineraries : Germany, Austria, Italy. Paris just a day trip).

Should I hold on to my waitlist till the last minute (as in last week or last 2 weeks)? Or should I adjust the flight to other country/city?

Comment

The difference between Biz and First is marginal. Especially on the 77W.

There is quite a difference between First and Suites.

To get Suites as a non-PPS you have to be patient or lucky or both. LHR and ZRH have good chances, same goes for CDG. FRA is most likely the most difficult and the waitlist for you will not clear before ten days into departure.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and advice.

I notice that one of the dates I waitlist has turn into "Not Available" under Saver using Flight Search. Does that mean the award ticket has been taken up? Even though my booking is waitlisted, it is very unlikely to be confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by tonylim View Post
                            Thanks for the reply and advice.

I notice that one of the dates I waitlist has turn into "Not Available" under Saver using Flight Search. Does that mean the award ticket has been taken up? Even though my booking is waitlisted, it is very unlikely to be confirmed?
                            Tonylim, it would've been unavailable too when you tried to book it, no? Otherwise why did you waitlist? Not sure if I understand.

Anyways the good news is that your waitlist may still be confirmed much closer to flight date. It all depends on the demand on the revenue tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              Tonylim, it would've been unavailable too when you tried to book it, no? Otherwise why did you waitlist? Not sure if I understand.

Anyways the good news is that your waitlist may still be confirmed much closer to flight date. It all depends on the demand on the revenue tickets.
                              It's either "Available", "Waitlist" or "Not Available"

I guess what he means is that now the option to "Waitlist" has been removed. Not sure if that implies that too many people are on "Waitlist" so the option has been removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X