SQ 16 SIN-ICN-SFO layover in ICN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 16 SIN-ICN-SFO layover in ICN

For passengers flying SQ16 SIN-ICN-SFO, will they have to remain onboard at ICN? or can they disembark and visit the SQ lounge in ICN?

Everyone must disembark the aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by dnllam View Post
      or can they disembark and visit the SQ lounge in ICN?
      As lee_apromise says, you all get off at ICN. It does allow time to visit the SKL for a shower.

Comment

And that would have to be a quick shower too...

Given the time it takes to get out, line up in the queue to get a transit pass, security checkpoint, and back upstairs again to the departure hall!

Comment

I've always had enough time for a shower and to check email in the SKL. Showers go quickly when there is no hot water, which I've found twice there.

Comment

Passengers used to be able to stay onboard during transit. When i flew SQ1/2. we were able to remain on the plane during the transit in HK.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
              Passengers used to be able to stay onboard during transit. When i flew SQ1/2. we were able to remain on the plane during the transit in HK.
              How long ago was that?
              Have taken SQ1/2 (rarely), SQ11/12, SQ15/16, SQ17/18, and for couple years, I always had to disembark while in transit. But perhaps I am too old. Thus a memory lapse.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                How long ago was that?
                Have taken SQ1/2 (rarely), SQ11/12, SQ15/16, SQ17/18, and for couple years, I always had to disembark while in transit. But perhaps I am too old. Thus a memory lapse.
                I need to clarify my post. I had to disembark for all those flights based on the factual experience.
                But in theory, SQ15/16/17/18 when transiting in ICN, all pax must disembark. For SQ12 or SQ2, due to the destination is the US, pax must disembark.
                SQ1 and SQ11, no need to disembark. But sometimes the aircraft needs to be clean out quicker. Then all the pax are requested to disembark to speed the cleaning up process...

Comment

well... when i flew on SQ16, they say that you can disembark UNLESS you infrorm the flight crew 2 hours before landing... or else you need to wait on board....

this is because they can update the flight record by knowing who disembarked or who is onboard

Comment

When I headed over to SFO on SQ16 in early Jan, everyone needed to disembark the aircraft and re-board after briefly going through the checkpoints at ICN.

Comment

How long ago was that?
                      It was back in 2001 "before 9/11". We didnt have to tell the crew at all if we wanted to stay onboard. Once we landed whom ever want to go into the airport to smoke went, and whom ever wanted to stay onboard got to stay. It was fun watching the ground crew turn the plane around. I remember walking up and down and taking alot of pictures. I even turned a first class seat into bed mode and laid in it. The fun old days!

Comment

How long ago was that?
                        I took SQ2 SIN-HKG a few months after 9/11 (must have been start of 2002) and pax were still allowed to stay on board during the HKG stopover, assuming they were doing SIN-SFO of course!

Comment

Working...
                        X