Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4Hr layover, 12Hr layover two weeks later at SIN, problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4Hr layover, 12Hr layover two weeks later at SIN, problems?

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of booking my trip to Asia. Have AMS-SIN-ICN booked on one ticket, SIN-KUL-SIN on another. I have a 4 hour layover between flights. I'll be traveling with my carry-on and a big suitcase.

I'll be spending 2 nights in KUL before heading back to SIN and spending 3 nights there. Everything I will need in KUL is packed in my carry-on.

During my layover, I was planning to drop off my checked luggage at the Conrad (where I will be staying 3 days later, contacted the hotel - they are OK with it), before heading back to SIN to catch my flight to KUL.

Because I will only be in SIN for 1,5 hours (cab to the Conrad, drop off luggage, cab back to the airport) I can see why immigrations might find this suspicious. Any views on this?

Two weeks later, same thing: however, now I have a 12 hour layover. Will it be considered suspicious if I would want to enter Singapore?

Cheers

Both times, you'll be fine. Really no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Both times, you'll be fine. Really no problem.
      Thanks! I was a little worried, since I would have three SIN stamps in my passport within a two week time slot .

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
        I was a little worried, since I would have three SIN stamps in my passport within a two week time slot .
        It wouldn't be very unusual to have three stamps within 24 hours (particularly back in the days of CGK runs) let alone a fortnight so I wouldn't worry at all.

Comment

1.5 hours?

The shortest time i've been in Singapore is 8 minutes stamp in to stamp out. Definitely not unusual. (and no, i wasn't stamp collecting, just that AK doesn't have an airside transfer counter)

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance, jhm and SQflyergirl!

Comment

If I were you, I would just leave the luggage at the LEFT LUGGAGE facility at Changi Airport. It will cost you 1.5 hours of travel time and S$40 in taxi fares just to send your luggage to Conrad.

In my mind, too much hassle, and probably costs are much as LEFT LUGGAGE at Changi.

And you can relax and rest at the airport instead of taxi-ing to and from Conrad - trust me, you will be exposed to high temp and humidity from the terminal to the taxi, from the taxi to the hotel, and then reverse - 4 times, with luggage, and you will get a bit hot and sticky as a result.

No problem with immigration, as others have mentioned. This is not the USA.

Comment

I just checked. There are 2 left baggage facilities at each terminal in Changi and the cost for a piece of luggage over 10kg is about $5 per 24 hours. 3 days = S$15 or so.

Now I really think you should not taxi to and from Conrad and spend $40 just to drop off luggage....

http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...ggage-services

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                  During my layover, I was planning to drop off my checked luggage at the Conrad (where I will be staying 3 days later, contacted the hotel - they are OK with it), before heading back to SIN to catch my flight to KUL.

Because I will only be in SIN for 1,5 hours (cab to the Conrad, drop off luggage, cab back to the airport) I can see why immigrations might find this suspicious. Any views on this?
                  When you say your layover in SIN is 1.5 hours, do you mean that is the time between your arriving and departing flights ?. If so, I agree with the recommendation of Russ. Leave your luggage at Changi left luggage.

I stay at the Conrad on most of my stays and it will take you around 15-25 minutes each way (depending on driver and traffic) as it is straight of the highway at Suntec. However, you still have to go through the process with the staff at the Conrad (and as much as it is a great Hotel, fast luggage handling is certainly not one of its stronger points) and that will take you maybe 10 minutes or so. If you allow an extra 5 minutes contingency in the journey each way that's the best part of an hour, 10 mins at the Conrad and you're left with 20 minutes spare. Not worth the risk imho, especially when Changi left luggage is so cheap and easy.

I used the one in T2 last month, it's at the far right end (if you enter through T2) next to the taxi rank.

Comment

Working...
                  X