Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pay-access lounge at Changi airport

Hi everyone,

Hoping to get some feedback/suggestions on the best pay-access lounge at Changi airport.

My flight departs at 4:45pm from terminal 2 so I am considering to purchase a 3 hour access to the SATS lounge at terminal 2.
    The Plaza Premium lounge at Terminal 1 seems nice too.

Any recent reviews/feedback would be much appreciated.

Personally between SATS Premier Lounge in T2 and Plaza Premium Lounge in T1, I would choose the latter if I have plenty of time to spare.

The latter has live cooking station where the cook can prepare noodles or laksa for you. There are also more plenty sit down meal area for you rather than sitting on sofa and balancing the dishes with your hands. It is usually not as crowded as well as less airlines contract it for use in Changi. There is also a view of the runway from the lounge.

The SATS Premier lounge do have massage chair which you can use if no one is using, but the Plaza Premium Lounge has these productivity pods for your to seclude yourself if you need to get things done. The walk from T1 back to T2 will be far though because the Plaza Premium lounge is located on the opposite side of the skytrain to T2.

Alternatively, if you are only looking for good food in a relatively quiet environment, I would recommend TGM at T2, just opposite SATS Premier Lounge. It is a restaurant run by the Plaza Premium Group and features decent Korean and Japanese food (better than the food served inside SATS Premier Lounge.

Note that all the above lounges are accessible using Priority Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
      Personally between SATS Premier Lounge in T2 and Plaza Premium Lounge in T1, I would choose the latter if I have plenty of time to spare.

The latter has live cooking station where the cook can prepare noodles or laksa for you. There are also more plenty sit down meal area for you rather than sitting on sofa and balancing the dishes with your hands. It is usually not as crowded as well as less airlines contract it for use in Changi. There is also a view of the runway from the lounge.

The SATS Premier lounge do have massage chair which you can use if no one is using, but the Plaza Premium Lounge has these productivity pods for your to seclude yourself if you need to get things done. The walk from T1 back to T2 will be far though because the Plaza Premium lounge is located on the opposite side of the skytrain to T2.

Alternatively, if you are only looking for good food in a relatively quiet environment, I would recommend TGM at T2, just opposite SATS Premier Lounge. It is a restaurant run by the Plaza Premium Group and features decent Korean and Japanese food (better than the food served inside SATS Premier Lounge.

Note that all the above lounges are accessible using Priority Pass.
      Thanks Davidfusq for your info.
      We will have about 3 to 3.5 hours to spend before flight departure so is possible to visit the Plaza Premium lounge as it sounds like a better one than SATS.

Comment

If you like booze, SATS is better.. Plaza Premium charges for booze beyond canned beer, while SATS has a complimentary bar with wine and if memory serves me right, whisky

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
          If you like booze, SATS is better.. Plaza Premium charges for booze beyond canned beer, while SATS has a complimentary bar with wine and if memory serves me right, whisky
          Thanks for the advice.
          A calm lounge environment with comfortable seating would be the deciding factor for me. Food options play a part too. I don't expect high quality food being offered at both lounges but which one has better options, especially for vegetarians?

Comment

I would say both lounges would not have many high quality vegetarian food on offer. In fact, this is an area which Changi airport could improve on.

The vegetarian options at these two lounges would probably be some vegetables dishes tucked amidst the meat dishes. Or some salad greens and if lucky enough some non meat sandwiches. Perhaps the SATS Premier lounge may have slight advantage in this area since they service some Air India flights there which has demand for vegetarian food.

I would say Changi T2 would not be very crowded in the early afternoon and you can probably find some decent spots to relax in the terminal.

Free-to-use rest areas
            Sanctuary Lounge, Transit North Pier, opp E5, Transit Hall
            Oasis Lounge, Transit North Pier, Opp E11, Transit Hall

Movie Theatre
            Departure Hall, near the Sunflower Garden, Level 3, Transit Area

Sunflower Garden
            Let 500 bright yellow flowers bring cheer to you and admire the majestic view of the runway and aircrafts. Level 3, Transit Area Concourse F

Enchanted Garden
            Be captivated by this interactive and decorative Enchanted Garden as it "magically" comes to life with sight and sound. Near E concourse departure transit area.

Orchid Garden
            The Orchid Garden features more than 700 orchids of 30 species. Near concourse F of departure transit area.

There is probably only one vegetarian restaurants in the T2 transit area:

Kaveri Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
            Level 3, Departure Lounge (Central)

Some vegetarian options:
            Ippudo Express
            Level 2, Departure Lounge (Central)
            Happened to know that Ippudo serves veggie ramen, and glad to see this option at Ippudo Express at Changi Airport Terminal 2 (Departure/Transit Lounge). Enjoyed a delicious soupy ramen - veggie ramen (S$10). Love their hearty vegetable consommé, so tasty. Do note, garlic oil is used, I guess can be omitted if asked. For LACTO-OVO-Vegetarian, may add an egg (S$3).

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowU...ingapore.html#

Comment

Working...
            X