Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas For SQ's Next Business Class Seat ( Long Haul )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas For SQ's Next Business Class Seat ( Long Haul )

Some of the things I'd like to see:

1. More seats ( so prices lower ). The last change, they put less seats and charged more for them

2. Seat mode. More sculptured for greater comfort. Arm rests for both arms

3. Bed mode. No need to stand up to flip it into bed mode. Surely a seat that slowly reclines into a bed can be a comfortable bed?!

4. Carry on luggage can be stored under seat in front ( like current F )

Well I can't imagine it getting any wider, so the areas for improvement should be the bed (IMO) and comfort, among others.

Comment

Abit more space for the knees ?
      I would prefer it if they put the forward seat further away :X
      Last edited by soarbeyond; 28 February 2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

1. More seats ( so prices lower ). The last change, they put less seats and charged more for them

3. Bed mode. No need to stand up to flip it into bed mode. Surely a seat that slowly reclines into a bed can be a comfortable bed?!

3 and 4 seem to be what CX's new J has:

http://www.cathaypacific.aero/newbus...low/index.html

As for prices, SQ will no doubt - if they can get away with it - charge the same (or more) even if there are more seats available. If the demand is there, why not ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          As for prices, SQ will no doubt - if they can get away with it - charge the same (or more) even if there are more seats available. If the demand is there, why not ?
          Because if they could sell more seats for the same price, then they could alternatively be selling the number of seats they have now for a higher price than they charge now. If the demand curve was above SQ's current price and seat count (which it would have to be in order to sell more seats at the current price) then SQ would raise the current price to meet that demand.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

Agree with your ideas, except that I think 2 and 3 can work against each other -- if seat is sculptured it can be quite uncomfortable in bed mode.
            Between the two I would take 'unsculptured' seat that reclines into bed.

Bigger pillows for long haul J (and F) please.

As to no. 1, I like the amount of personal space in each seat in Business Class. So more seats is fine, but don't make them any bit smaller, please.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              3 and 4 seem to be what CX's new J has:

http://www.cathaypacific.aero/newbus...low/index.html
              Personally I think CX has got it perfect! The CX/US C seat looks absolutely fantastic. I haven't tried it but the pictures look great. I also really like the 9W C seat.. It is really wide, private, comfy in bed mode and when reclining.

If SQ went with seats similar to either of these, I think they would be doing a better job than their current C seat.
              Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

and please try to go fabric, the leather looks dirty and I have seen passengers using the hot tower to wipe the armrest, seats and the towers will turn black.

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                  I also really like the 9W C seat.. It is really wide, private, comfy in bed mode and when reclining.

If SQ went with seats similar to either of these, I think they would be doing a better job than their current C seat.
                  I strongly disagree. Have flown the 9W seat (on TG) and thought it had many flaws, from space inefficiency, and badly placed controls, screens.

IMO, it would be a major step in the wrong direction if SQ went from the current design to any herringbone format.

Originally posted by YYC77 View Post
                  and please try to go fabric, the leather looks dirty and I have seen passengers using the hot tower to wipe the armrest, seats and the towers will turn black.
                  That is a cleaning and maintenance issue. I'm sure if properly cleaned and maintained, leather is more hygenic than fabric - which is more likely to absorb bad odours, spilled beverages and such...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Agree with your ideas, except that I think 2 and 3 can work against each other -- if seat is sculptured it can be quite uncomfortable in bed mode.
                    Between the two I would take 'unsculptured' seat that reclines into bed.
                    How about something like the Swiss J seats that use some air/foam technology? So they can compress or inflate depending on user preference...

Comment

OT: How about magic buttons?

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      I strongly disagree. Have flown the 9W seat (on TG) and thought it had many flaws, from space inefficiency, and badly placed controls, screens.

IMO, it would be a major step in the wrong direction if SQ went from the current design to any herringbone format.

The coffin seats are really uncomfortable. Would be nice if SQ based their next gen J on a footprint similar to QF First Suites.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        OT: How about magic buttons?

The coffin seats are really uncomfortable. Would be nice if SQ based their next gen J on a footprint similar to QF First Suites.
                        That would be similar to new CX J, no?

As to magic buttons, they have those now on the 77W F, should be easy to adapt to J.

Comment

As to magic buttons, they have those now on the 77W F, should be easy to adapt to J.
                          I would first roll out the magic button on the 380 in R, but i fear that it's so complicated we'll need help from autobots.

Comment

I'd like to see J savers for the next long haul business class product.

Comment

That would be similar to new CX J, no?
                              IIRC, the new CX J is angled whereas the QF F swivels. Will be nice if the new J swivels when it transforms into a recliner/bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X