BTC - Pictures collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Style Cod with Fried Rice

Served with seasonal oriental vegetables, Chinese black mushrooms and egg fried rice. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Zhu Jun

The fish was very well cooked, moist and tender. But the flavours were too bland and understated to my liking. I like my fish unseasoned but only if they taste seafood fresh clean and sweet. This one was rather flat bland. I had to add salt and pepper to make it more palatable. Won't order again.

But it's a memorable meal because it was served on a refitted 772ER to SGN, probably the one and only time to SGN with box-seat.

Comment

• Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef
      Japanese-style beef, vegetables simmered in mirin, and shimeiji mushroom rice. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata

The beef was juicy and full of flavour

Comment

• BTC Lobster Thermidor in J

Just had the BTC Lobster Thermidor in J as a dinner selection on SQ494 SIN-DXB.

This was superb. A generous portion of lobster, in large, tender chunks, in a rich creamy sauce. The sides (rice, asparagus, cherry tomato) went very well too.

I've tried this BTC selection before (a couple of years back), and while my previous meal was good, this time round it was even better than I remember it. An excellent dish.

Comment

• SIN-TPE-SIN / October 2014

SIN-TPE

Seared Black Cod Fillet 'à la Niçoise' / BTC - outstanding as usual. the fish was succulent and tasty

Chinese Style Cod with Fried Rice / BTC - first time trying this and good choice! like the black cod, the fish was succulent and tasty and the fried rice was decent

TPE-SIN

Taiwanese style braised beef noodle soup /BTC - don't order this! the beef was tough and the noodles worse than instant noodles

Braised "Lion's head" pork meatballs, stir fried vegetable and steamed rice / On-board Menu - this was great! meatballs were tasty and springy

Comment

• Wagyu Sirloin with Eringi Mushroom

Wagyu sirloin with baked eringi mushroom marinated with truffle, garlic and sake, yuzu and light soy sauce, accompanied by green beans and jalapeño salsa, served with steamed rice

The meat was wonderful, tender and juicy but the vegetables were average.

Comment

• Poached Egg Served with Hollandaise Sauce

Poached egg served with hollandaise sauce with sliced lobster, asparagus and potato hash
              (Breakfast only)

Eggs and lobster were cooked perfectly. However a little bit too much potato hash.

Comment

• Thanks for that Eggs Benedict pic. Looks better than anticipated. Given you said eggs were perfect can I 'deduct' that they were runny and not with solid egg yokes? That would be quite nice. I ordered them for SIN-ZRH breakfast in late Dec.

BTW, did anyone ever have the seared nut crusted veal or the lamb loin (both are chef specials)? Any good? Thanks,

Comment

• I particularly like the lamb loin, ordered it many times, not always perfectly seared but mostly acceptable

Seared Nut Crusted veal: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935&page=9

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                    Thanks for that Eggs Benedict pic. Looks better than anticipated. Given you said eggs were perfect can I 'deduct' that they were runny and not with solid egg yokes? That would be quite nice. I ordered them for SIN-ZRH breakfast in late Dec.

BTW, did anyone ever have the seared nut crusted veal or the lamb loin (both are chef specials)? Any good? Thanks,
                    The eggs were indeed runny. If you melt it with the hollandaise sauce and top it on the lobster, the taste is so great. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                      Another picture of the seared nut crusted veal here...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        Another picture of the seared nut crusted veal here...
                        This dish is really good

Comment

• Thanks to all for the feedback. Got eggs ordered for breakfast and for supper the lamb loin for my GF and the veal for myself. Depending on what she likes better I'll end up eating one or the other

Comment

• BTC Gulf-style Lamb Shanks (J ex-DXB)

Had the BTC Gulf-style Lamb Shanks on SQ495 DXB-SIN earlier this week...

This was the largest J main course I have ever been served. Even the cabin crew remarked that they were amazed at the size of the lamb shank when it was loaded onboard.

This was quite delicious, very tender. Tasted authentic...one of those dishes (like the BTC Lobster Thermidor) where the dish tastes practically as good as the equivalent served in restaurants on the ground.

Comment

• I should share some pictures of my past BTCs here! Will dig it up soon from storage and post it here. They're all in JCL.

Was wondering though.. Is it a good idea to BTC in F?

So far I used BTC in J. I'm not very familiar with what it is like in F but I guess that it'd be similar to the BTC options in J. So on that note it's probably better to rely on the menu of the day since that's a dedicated meal crafted for F. Does this make any sense? or are F menus nothing that special usually in which case BTC would be a better idea?

Comment

• In F, just BTC. If you like something onboard they should bend over backwards to get you what you want. It's the one differentiator soft-ware wise between J and F with SQ that I would note...

Comment

Working...
                                X