Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pps from a different view

hey again guys

id thought id give u veterans of the air a different view on the PPS thing - now whenever myself or the plethora of others see that PPS tag or if we are the lucky the GOLD solitaire on ** trolley bags using the priority lane it is seen with great admiration and the view someday one of these memberships might be ours.

From the outside the PPS club looks great - awesome - whichever way you want to put it

im a KF gold meaning priority lanes cant br utilized in Singapore - i fly outa brizzie so thats the most common destination - and no use of the SKL lounge unless im holding a raffles ticket

so much the PPS has meant to me that ive booked all further tickets from now on in raffles and and trying desperately to reach the PPS - i missed out by 3 sectors approx last year ha

half my family and friends think im mad - so worried over a airline program - but its a passion - and i hope one day i can experience what i hope will still be (doenst sound liek PPS is that great anymore - its killing me ha) one of the finest memberships for the air

Originally posted by token01 View Post
    From the outside the PPS club looks great - awesome - whichever way you want to put it

im a KF gold meaning priority lanes cant br utilized in Singapore - i fly outa brizzie so thats the most common destination - and no use of the SKL lounge unless im holding a raffles ticket
    Welcome to SQTalk, token01. Hope you join in on our banter. I'm puzzled by what you just said. Brizzie is BNE? According to this, your EG card should grant you access to the SKL. Did you do something to tick the lounge dragon off?
    half my family and friends think im mad - so worried over a airline program - but its a passion - and i hope one day i can experience what i hope will still be (doenst sound liek PPS is that great anymore - its killing me ha) one of the finest memberships for the air
    Don't mind your family and friends. Mine have given up trying to understand my miles-optimizing ways. I think I get extra leeway with the "insane but a nice guy nonetheless" label.

Good luck with the run for PPS status. We only grouse about the recent and expected changes because we feel SQ is underappreciating such a valuable group of loyal customers (yep, that's us ).
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

haha i meant in singapore - yeh BNE has a lounge - good enough for pre departure - great help means u can either priority board or late board

Comment

hey again guys

id thought id give u veterans of the air a different view on the PPS thing - now whenever myself or the plethora of others see that PPS tag or if we are the lucky the GOLD solitaire on ** trolley bags using the priority lane it is seen with great admiration and the view someday one of these memberships might be ours.
        Unfortunately, I fall under the same category
        Indeed, I don't think my family members will understand why I am so committed to qualifying for it....ego perhaps ?

Comment

At least the other half think you're sane. I don't enjoy the same luxury.

Aren't you able to use *G/EF EG lanes in SIN (check in row 4 I think)? Or has that now gone?
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 1 February 2007, 06:53 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Aren't you able to use *G/EF EG lanes in SIN (check in row 4 I think)? Or has that now gone?
            token01 may have been referring to the priority security lanes before the departure gates.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              token01 may have been referring to the priority security lanes before the departure gates.
              Ahh. I've never noticed those before. Will take a closer look next time.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

yeh i meant the departure gates - however its not that ive seen the priority lane at the gates on all SQ flights - i mean i didint see it on my SIN - frankfurt but did see in on SIN - BNE - then again sin - bne was totally full evry seat taken - thats another huuge issue - every flight coming in australia not sure both adelaide and perth - in every class these days is fully booked - was talking to a stewardess bout it they say its because the a380s were meant to be in so they pulled some planes servicing aus to some other routes - hence why pps would be so beneificial - i mean its ok for me from now - parents have given the funding to fly raffles from now - im a student in dublin studying med - so theres no time for me to be working part time haha - but ay i realised roughly two flights from BNE - EUROPE ** pps - then again thats alot of miles

Comment

also is there any way i can route myself going to dublin netting the 25 sectors on a total return trip at the moment its looking at 15

Comment

also is there any way i can route myself going to dublin netting the 25 sectors on a total return trip at the moment its looking at 15
                    Get a Round The World ticket. Route it BNE-SIN-CGK-SIN-BKK-NRT-LAX-JFK-FRA-DUB-FRA-SIN-AKL-BNE. That should be 25 sectors.

The 22 PPS sectors you earned last year are not wasted. They'll get you to Solitaire that much sooner.

Comment

how much roughly would one of those cost in raffles and first

Comment

i mean its ok for me from now - parents have given the funding to fly raffles from now
                        Can we swap?!

Comment

how much roughly would one of those cost in raffles and first
                          Probably very roughly about the same as a return ticket. You could phone SQ in Oz and ask. You want to know the price of a CRWSTAR1 and FRWSTAR1.

Also, you might check the Great Escapade fare. That's a RTW good on SQ, NZ, VS, and MI. It should be a lot cheaper. You should be able to fly BNE-SIN-BKK-NRT-LAX-LHR-SIN-BNE all with SQ flight numbers and therefore earning 22.5 PPS sectors. You might even be able to do that routing on an SQ-only RTW which would probably be cheaper than a return ticket to DUB, however, you would need a separate LHR-DUB return ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            You want to know the price of a CRWSTAR1 and FRWSTAR1.
                            Ex-Australia (if my file is still up-to-date):

C AUD9,509 - AUD10,599 - AUD11,919

F AUD13,399 - AUD14,389 - AUD15,379

Comment

CGK, plse dont say you are not going to make it as PPS, I am like you travelling on personal means, what has SIA planned for SQ lovers like me.....

Comment

Working...
                              X