X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked the bathroom design.

Amenities in an amenity box.

Bath amenities by Appelles.

There was not much of a view from the window, plus it was raining.

There was a rooftop garden, which was closed for entry.

Swimming pool area was beautifully landscaped as well. However, it was empty due to the rain.

Night view of the hotel.

For dinner, we took a short walk to Boat Quay for an Italian dinner at Amo restaurant.

Drawing culinary influences from all parts of Italy, Amò presents an extraordinary communal feast of antipasti, artisan pastas, pizzas and large mains for friends and large groups to savour.

Touted as one of the best in Singapore, Amò pizzas are made with natural leaven, semolina and extra virgin olive oil. The crust remains light and easy to digest – the result of patience, exceptional produce, and a fine-tuned knowledge of food chemistry.

Starting with one of the signature pizza, Pancetta, Spicy Broccolini, Pumpkin and Smoked Mozzarella. It was excellent!

Next was the pasta course of Roasted Potato Gnocchi, Porcini Mushrooms, Guanciale, Kale, Taleggio Cheese Fondue. This was very good too.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

For main, we had the Suckling Pig Chops, Spicy Broccoletti and Amarena Sauce.

Ending with a rather heavy Ricotta Cheese Castagnole with Moscato Sabayon. It was an enjoyable Italian dinner.

The next morning, breakfast was served at Tablescape, the hotel restaurant.

We were allowed to choose a selection from the breakfast set menu.

https://www.menu-gpch.parkhotelgroup...-breakfast-set

Had a Tablescape Grande Breakfast and a Truffle Egg Mayo and Cheese Croissant.

Checking out the facilities again after breakfast. Gym was rather small and cramped, though with the necessary equipment.

The pool, however, was excellent and great to relax at when the sun is out.

Grand Park City Hall certainly provided and pleasant and very affordable staycation experience, though it is now re-converted into a quarantine hotel with no firm dates as yet to welcome staycation guests.

My Travel Map

Comment

#12 The St Regis Singapore

The St Regis Singapore
        Executive Deluxe

My next staycation was at one of the most luxurious hotel in Singapore, The St Regis Singapore.

Located at the crossroads of the embassy district, the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Singapore Botanic Gardens and the prime shopping district of Orchard, The St. Regis Singapore is an eminent spot where luxury resides. Engage with local culture and captivating exhibits with an art tour at Singapore Art Museum, or explore the local area and see everything Orchard Road offers. A gleaming landmark of exquisite ambience, the hotel houses one of Asia's finest private art collections. Take in visual delights of the hotel's private art collections, enjoy the pleasures of the exclusive Remède Spa and experience excellent service by our staff when wining at Astor Bar or dining at Brasserie Les Saveurs, LaBrezza or Yan Ting. Admire elegance in our 299 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites, where each crystal chandelier, original art piece or lush designer fabric is meticulously selected. St. Regis Butler Service is available any time, day or night. Let The St. Regis Singapore be your home away from home.

Checking in was fast at the grand lobby. We were informed via email and offered an early check-in at between 10am-12pm a day prior to our arrival.

The Drawing Room beside the check-in area. This was also where we would be having our breakfast the next day.

An information sheet was provided at check-in, and check-in staff explained out entitlements and facilities booking very clearly.

Heading to our room along the posh corridors.

This stay would be at the entry-level Executive Deluxe Room. Even though entry-level, the room is still way more luxurious than almost all hotels (maybe with the exception of Raffles Hotel?) out there.

Each beautifully adorned Executive Deluxe Room is a luxurious abode away from home. A regal work desk offers a space to seamlessly address business or communication needs via complimentary Wi-Fi Internet Access.

A rich palette of dark wood furnishings affords a beautiful ambience for a king-size bed luxuriously adorned with signature St. Regis linens. To complement, refined elements such as silk throw pillows and inviting window seats upholstered with rich designer fabrics add to the artistic composition of the room.

This same captivating attention to detail continues in the expansive French marble bathroom, which features a unique freestanding bathtub as a glamorous centrepiece, as well as a separate jet-massage shower, a vanity mirror, and double basins.

If you require anything else, please call upon our 24-hour signature St. Regis Butlers, who will be delighted to extend their bespoke service to all guests.

Entering the room, with the mini-bar counter right in view. There is a ledge beside the entrance to place your small items.

The minibar was stocked with TWG teas and Coffex premium coffee.

However, there was no need to brew your own coffee or tea, as these can be prepared and delivered via a call away for the St Regis butler service. Other than the menu shown, iced coffees and even hot chocolate cab even be ordered!

St. Regis butler service has been a treasured hallmark of the St. Regis experience for more than one hundred years. From a perfectly pressed suit ready for an important meeting, to a favorite book at hand for an evening read, to a thoughtful, last minute gift for a loved one, no request is too small or unattainable no matter what the hour of the day. St. Regis butler service ensures that unique preferences are understood and addressed flawlessly at our St. Regis hotels around the world.

Other minibar items could be ordered at a charge.

My Travel Map

Comment

On to the bedroom, which was a very luxurious affair! Fitted with a very comfortable King bed, along with sofa, workdesk and bay window. At 52sqm, the room is certainly very spacious, and most would not have believed this is actually a entry-level room.

Face masks and hand sanitizer provided.

Only thing lacking for the entry-level room is the view. The view is towards neighbouring residences.

On to the grand marble bathroom.

Walk-in wardrobe at the bathroom.

Two vanity sinks, with a standing bathtub right in the center of the bathroom.

My Travel Map

Comment

Shower cubicle with rain shower any body jet.

Bath amenities by Remede.

Separate toilet cubicle.

All the bathroom amenities.

Bedroom again under different ambient lighting.

My stay was inclusive of $80 dining credits at Brasserie Les Saveurs, where we headed over to for lunch.

Brasserie Les Saveurs offers the finest of classic French cuisine. Menus are specially curated by The St. Regis master chefs to provide diners an indelible experience with the evolving nuances and flavours of every dish. Indulge in the lavish epicurean spreads presented at every meal, from influential business lunches, hallowed afternoon tea rituals, to gastronomic dinner experiences.

The attentive St. Regis Sommeliers will be on hand to complement meals with excellent wines from our wine cellar, featuring over 1,000 vintages from around the world—many exclusively brought to Singapore to whet the palates of wine connoisseurs.

Illuminated by the splendid wall of floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the tropical gardens and sparkling pool, Brasserie Les Saveurs exudes a timeless elegance. The establishment seats up to 90 guests, with two private dining alcoves to offer guests exclusivity for the ultimate refinement. The glittering enormous three hand-cut crystal chandeliers and beautifully arranged floral decorations create a distinctive class of opulence, and a decadent setting for a remarkable culinary journey.

As it was a Saturday afternoon, only the ala-carte menu was offered.

https://mailchi.mp/marriott/bls-alacarte

We were served some bread and savoury puffs to start.

My Travel Map

Comment

For entree, we had the Escargots de Bourgogne.

The 2 mains we chose were the Baramundi a la Vapeur

And the Porc Iberic. Each dish was elegantly prepared and served, with top-notch service too.

Back to our room for some coffee and TWG tea, ordered from the butler.

Later in the afternoon, we drove down to Keong Saik Bakery for some afternoon tea. It was our first time checking out this popular bakery, and it certainly did not disappoint with its unique bakery creations.

Dinner was at a small Japanese eatery at Far East Plaza, a hidden gem with delicious meat courses.

View of the hotel at night.

And some hot chocolate from the butler service before bedtime.

The next morning, breakfast was served both at The Drawing Room and Brasserie Les Saveurs. Breakfast was offered ala-carte buffet style. We started with fruits, warm pastries and fresh watermelon juice.

My Travel Map

Comment

Latte and yoghurts

For the asian choices, we selected the laksa, nasi lemak and dimsum.

For western choices, we had a selection of breakfast sides.

With the highlight being the Epicurean Omelette: Poached Boston Lobster, Tiger Prawns, Lobster Bisque Emulsion, Avruga Pearls, Green Salad, Cherry Tomatoes

Wrapping up breakfast with something sweet.

After the heavy breakfast and a rest back in the room, we checked out the fitness facilities. The gym was decent sized with the necessary equipment.

Pool area was relaxing, though can't be compared with the resort-style hotels.

And a final round of TWG teas just before we checked out.

The stay at St Regis was definitely one of the most luxurious I had so far, and at today's price point, is highly recommended.

My Travel Map

Comment

#13 Hotel Fort Canning

Hotel Fort Canning
                  Deluxe Room

My next staycation was at a more unique boutique hotel, Hotel Fort Canning.

Hotel Fort Canning is a luxurious and award-winning conservation hotel tucked within 18 hectares of lush greenery in Fort Canning Park. Considered one of Singapore’s iconic heritage hotels, Hotel Fort Canning bears a storied past that dates back to the early 20th century, with the building itself a former British military administration site. Today, the hotel’s architecture continues to retain much of its colonial glamour, combining it with modern elements of the surrounding parklands - making Hotel Fort Canning one of Singapore's heritage hotels situated within a historical hilltop park.

Strategically located mere minutes from important retail, entertainment and cultural hubs, business and leisure travellers can enjoy the convenience of being located close to Singapore’s Orchard Road shopping belt, the Clarke Quay entertainment hub, the Central Business District, as well as the Museums & Civic District. A stay at Hotel Fort Canning also places you in the very heart of the lush Fort Canning Park, a sanctuary in the city offering verdant foliage and rich history.

Styled by the renowned DP Architects, the 86-room hotel is home to a stunning collection of guest rooms and suites to choose from, each perfect for a romantic weekend or refreshing getaway. Take a lazy swim through space in our two landscaped swimming pools, each filled with mineral water free of chlorine and safe for all skin types. Then complement your stay with a local or international dining experience of your choice at the hotel’s The Salon and Tisettanta Lounge.

Views of the hotel from Fort Canning Park.

Views from the Garden Terrace at the other side of the hotel fascade.

Arriving at the hotel lobby for check-in.

Some historical artefacts below your feet.

Upon check-in, a hotel info sheet was provided.

Heading to the room on the ground level.

My booked room category was the Deluxe room, but the allocated room on the ground level was what I consider a Deluxe Garden minus, ie. Deluxe Garden without the private garden space.

Deluxe Rooms present unique bathroom designs set against a picture-window offering amazing views of the city skyline. Savour the elegant setting of the room featuring Italian statement pieces by award-winning designer Poltrona Frau, complete with the modern conveniences that you need.

Our unique Deluxe Garden rooms bring guests closer to nature. Situated on the first floor of the hotel, these rooms feature additional space with a private garden and sun deck.

Entering the room. The highlight of the room was the standing bathtub. Certainly a room only suited for you and your special someone.

My Travel Map

Comment

Right at the entrance was the wardrobe with slippers, ironing board and safe.

One unique feature of the room design was the open bathroom concept. Beside the wardrobe was the sink.

Standard amenities provided in the amenity box.

Standing bathtub beside the bed, along with separate toilet and shower cubicles.

Bath amenities were house-branded.

Room is quite spacious and cosy, with a comfortable King bed, a lounge chair, and a work chair with desk space.

My Travel Map

Comment

A large Smart TV.

2 sets of care kits provided.

Nespresso coffees, TWG teas and bottled water provisioned.

My room package included a Hotel Fort Canning tote bag, which had some egg sandwiches, apples, bottled water as well as a Fort Canning Park map.

View out of the room was potted plants. When the door is opened, one can hear the neighbouring nature sounds from the park.

Visited the gym, which was very big and well-equipped. Apparently, it also functions as a club gym for The Legends club members, same for the pool.

The Gym features latest state-of-the-art TechnoGym (Black Series) equipment designed in Italy. It has an indoor-outdoor ambience, bringing workouts closer to nature.

Above the gym was the swimming pools, which I would visit the next day.

Two landscaped swimming pools enhance the city oasis feel. Lazing by the pools in such serene and verdant surrounds will relax the most stressed out souls, while the more energetic fulfill their daily quota of laps.

Guests would be happy to know that the swimming pools are filled with mineral water treated by a system from NASA used for the astronauts' drinking water and a system developed for European Aerospace, eliminating the smell and the health problems associated with chlorine.

My Travel Map

Comment

We did a brief exploration of Fort Canning Park while heading to our dinner venue.

Outside the restaurant, The Masons Table.

The Masons Table offers a uniquely laid-back atmosphere, delicious food and charming service, making it a breathtaking setting for a memorable and safe occasion.
                        We are housed in the timeless surroundings of the iconic Freemasons Hall on Coleman Street, right in the centre of Singapore's historic Civic District.

Our menu is inspired and influenced by the all-time favourite flavours of European cuisine - from our classic thin-crust pizzas, to delicious hearty pastas, to our rustic Coq au Vin, there's something for everyone, no matter the occasion.

Restaurant interior.

Restaurant menu can be found in the link below. Prices are pretty reasonable.

https://www.themasonstable.com/menu

Starting with some Mozzarella sticks.

For mains, we had the Moroccan Lamb Shank with Pilau rice and chickpeas.

And the daily special of Duck Confit, which was not in the regular menu. Both dishes were tasty and of big portions.

Night view of the restaurant.

Walked to The Cathay for dessert at Kooks Creamery.

Heading back to the hotel. Night view from the Garden Terrace.

My Travel Map

Comment

View of the front fascade was more beautiful.

The nest morning, breakfast was served at the hotel restaurant, The Salon.

Country winner of the 2017 World Luxury Restaurant Awards, The Salon serves up an enticing selection of Western, Asian, and Singaporean favourites. Savour signature renditions of Lobster Nasi Lemak, HFC Curry Chicken or Hokkien Mee, as well as international delights that include Grilled Australian Angus Striploin, Stuffed Chicken Roulade, and a variety of wood-fired pizzas and pastas. Three private dining rooms and an alfresco area afford patrons the exclusivity for special functions surrounded by the verdant greenery of Fort Canning Park. Meanwhile, tuck into hearty Singaporean flavours and Western fare at The Salon where your cravings will be satiated.

Breakfast was served semi-ala carte buffet style. We were offered a choice of 1 main each, plus unlimited servings of side items.

The free-flow items.

For mains, we had the HFC Breakfast Burger and the Pandan Nasi Lemak.

After breakfast, headed to the mineral pools, with perfect sunny weather for a nice tan. There are 2 pools, a lap pool and a free-form pool. We stayed at the free-form pool.

An enjoyable and relaxing stay at Hotel Fort Canning, an oasis right smack in the middle of the city.

My Travel Map

Comment

#14 Four Seasons Hotel Singapore

Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
                            Boulevard Room

My next staycation was at one of the top-rated hotels in Singapore, Four Seasons Hotel Singapore. I booked the rate via HotelLux, which offered a category room upgrade, breakfast, dining credits and late-checkout.

Located on tranquil tree-lined Orchard Boulevard, the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore provides exclusive and understated luxury while being in the midst of the shopping and entertainment district of Orchard Road. Our 6000sqm 3rd floor Club houses 2 indoor air-conditioned tennis courts, 2 outdoor tennis courts, lap pool, state-of-the-art gymnasium and Four Seasons Spa. The Hotel boasts a Michelin One Star Cantonese restaurant, Jiang-Nan Chun, the botanical-inspired One-Ninety and polished One-Ninety Bar. Four Seasons Hotel Singapore is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings to authentic, highly personalised 24-hour service, the Hotel embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best.

Arriving at Four Seasons

Check-in at the classy lobby was fast as it was a weekday stay and hotel was not full.

Hotel info sheet

And a welcome letter stating the rate benefits.

Corridor to the room

At check-in, we were offered the one category room upgrade, from the booked Deluxe room, to the Boulevard room. At 49sqm for all its Deluxe and Boulevard rooms, the rooms of Four Seasons are certainly very spacious.

A large bay window offers impressive views of bustling Orchard Road, the heart of Singapore’s shopping district, while motorized drapes let you block out sun when you’re ready for some rest.

Entering the Boulevard room.

Near the door was the wardrobe with the safe, slippers, umbrella and luggage rack.

Opposite the wardrobe was a small dressing table with the hairdryer, and a care kit placed on the table.

Then there is the spacious marble bathroom with double-sinks.

My Travel Map

Comment

Separate toilet and bidet cubicle.

Double sinks with L'Occitane amenities.

A deep-soaking bathtub.

And shower cubicle with a powerful rain shower.

Bath amenities by L'Occitane.

The comfortable and spacious room had a king bed, along with a lounge sofa and a work/dining table.

Hand-written welcome note and a welcome treat.

My Travel Map

Comment

Bar area. Lavazza coffees and Monogram teas were offered.

Fridge was well-stocked with chargeable beverages.

As the room name suggests, view from the room was down the Orchard Boulevard.

We headed up to the 20th floor rooftop pool to check it out. The rooftop pool was more suited for relaxation and families.

Upon arrival at the pool, we were offered towels, bottled water and frozen melons.

Unfortunately the Fitness Center was closed due to enhanced Covid measures in place. However, it looked like a decent workout facility.

Connected to the fitness center was the lap pool, as well as a warm jacuzzi!

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X