• Show
Clear All

• 2020 Biz Class Amenity Kit

https://milelion.com/2020/09/30/conf...amenities-kit/

Thanks for sharing, jammed!

Impressions:

- A nice kit design!
    - Too bad the launch is happening during the pandemic travel slowdown
    - Great that SIA finally has a J amenity kit, although I did agree somewhat with their previous position that if you were a frequent traveller, these kits would just pile up at home.
    - I always thought green was the colour SQ designated for Y (e.g. the old green boarding passes)...

Comment

I’ll report back in 3 week’s time if they are being offered onboard! And curiously book the cook options are back although on a more limited scale but it’s definitely appreciated! Right now little things that I used to take for granted in the past are making me excited again!

Comment

As we are now in an age of reducing waste this does seem like a step backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          - I always thought green was the colour SQ designated for Y (e.g. the old green boarding passes)...
          Sharp observation. Maybe they’ll change it to the Blue or beige that coloured those sockette bags?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
            I’ll report back in 3 week’s time if they are being offered onboard! And curiously book the cook options are back although on a more limited scale but it’s definitely appreciated! Right now little things that I used to take for granted in the past are making me excited again!
            I’ll be curious of yr full flight experience, given the current circumstances. Any chance a full FR?

Comment

Great news. Now the PJs please.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
                Wow! On the road again! Let us know how it goes, Tonitan!

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                I’ll be curious of yr full flight experience, given the current circumstances. Any chance a full FR?
                Tonitan roams far and wide to amazing far flung destinations...if he ever decides to go into writing TRs, they will be fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                  Good point, even UA gives out PJs in Business (Very nice PJ's in fact!)...

But there are probably very heated arguments in Airline House right now over the right COVID-19 strategy: Invest even more in luxury and amenities to better attract what little business/top-end travel still happens, or cut costs further to improve margins in these challenging times...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    Good point, even UA gives out PJs in Business (Very nice PJ's in fact!)...

But there are probably very heated arguments in Airline House right now over the right COVID-19 strategy: Invest even more in luxury and amenities to better attract what little business/top-end travel still happens, or cut costs further to improve margins in these challenging times...
                    SQ did do a tender for PJs last year... so they have pretty much committed to them... but.. COVID...

My fear is with all the cutbacks during covid you won't see all the little things come back.

SQ has been cutting back for years as well

At least their hard product is great

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                      I am not bothered about the amenity kit - I would love to see PJs.

Comment

I wonder if this is more of an unavoidable spend due to Covid rather than a genuine enhancement, ie. give everyone a bigger amenity kit but remove most loose toiletries from the bathrooms for hygiene reasons?

I am not sure this means we will see PJs due to cost but would love to be wrong on this...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ777 View Post
                          I wonder if this is more of an unavoidable spend due to Covid rather than a genuine enhancement, ie. give everyone a bigger amenity kit but remove most loose toiletries from the bathrooms for hygiene reasons?

I am not sure this means we will see PJs due to cost but would love to be wrong on this...
                          Is it confirmed that there will be a Business Class amenity kit on all flights here in the "restart" or will it still be the same where it it available on the bathrooms?

Comment

Working...
                          X